Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

magna charged F-body

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not to bad to deal with I normally changed mine every other time I changed my oil in the car. I will more then likely go back to the ATI jsut because it seems to be working out for many. I put over 30K miles on my P1SC on my C5 and I only had to change my belt, that was my only problem. And the only reason that happened is a line somehow worked its way close to it and rubbed it. Otherwise I ran on my car for 30K miles at 10lbs for 2 years.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't stepped in here to answer questions sooner, but as I told Mark in my PM to him, I have been working on getting my new shop open, and haven't been near a phone or computer as much as I should. Since I am pretty much a one man show, I have to do everything, and the internet is usually at the bottom of the list

The Magnuson kits don't require nearly as much cutting as some of the one off installs did. Our kits don't require removing or relocating anything, and they come with everything that you will need. Due to the number of different hoods avaiable for f-bodies, it's hard to say exactly how much (if any) cutting will be required to the hood. I have a 99 Trans Am in the shop now, and we didn't have to cut anything from the hood!

I am trying to shrink some pictures, and I will post them here.

Tha nks,
Ed
Old 03-19-2007, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
I wanted to get this kit from LM Speed but they never returned my 3 emails I sent so, I am moving on to another setup. Never answered the phone either.

What email address are you using? I know you and I corresponded several months ago, but I have not seen anything from you either in email, or a phone message since Nov/Dec.?? DId I miss something?

Ed
Old 03-19-2007, 11:41 AM
FormerVendor

Here are some detail pics of the cowl cut and patch panel, as well as some pics of the finished install of the I/C kit.

Let me know if I can answer any questions,
Ed
Attached Thumbnails magna charged F-body-picture-001rs.jpg   magna charged F-body-picture-002rs.jpg   magna charged F-body-picture-003rs.jpg   magna charged F-body-icblower-001rs.jpg  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Did you guys have to cut the hood?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Teching In

hey ed any updates on the bigger tvs mangacharger for our cars, will it fit or not,still no dyno # for the intercooled 7psi?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

The '99 TA in the pic above has an aftermarket fiberglass Ram Air hood. I didn't cut anythin at all out of the hood, but it is very close. I may end up having to take a small piece out of the inner structure.

I have not had ths car to the dyno yet, but it works extremely well. If my SOP dyno is working properly , I would say it's north of 450RWHP. This is a bone stock A/T car making 7 PSI
As far as I know, TVS blowers are still in development. Once I get my hands on one, I'm sure I can make it fit, but I have no idea when I will be able to get one. When a bigger blower is available from Magnuson, I will try to offer it as an upgrade to this kit.
Hope this helps,
Ed
Old 03-19-2007, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Is that a 90mm tb on the IC pic? God that must be some nice blower whine from that I wonder how that'd fit with a factory Ram air lower air box. Would love to hear the intake on that through a BGRA kit

only question is what about the new L92 heads? probably means those with those heads will have to wait for and updated manifold from Magnacharger?
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Good question Hitman. I'm waiting for these heads to become available for the LS1 or the new LSX from Gm and I would love to make this kit work with those heads when they're offered.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Oh thought of something else in regard to the first question... I know a lot of people are going speed density but is the 4 bolt pattern on the intake plenum the same as the LS2? and if so would you just be able to use an LS2 cable TB for that and have some room to put in the maf? or do you need the spacer to clear the pulley?
Old 03-19-2007, 11:17 PM
FormerVendor

I have seen guys run pullys as small as 2.9 and I think Reichart makes a 2.8 pully although I think some grinding is required to the Magnuson snout to use it. I haven't used them myself, but I have seen guys get 10 psi on a built motor with meth, but you would be limited to standard LSx bolt/runner pattern heads. Who knows if/when a new intake base would be made.

I didn't have the factory ram air box, this is an aftermarket hood. I'm sure it could work, the lid has to be cut at a funky angle to mate up to the 90MM TB

Ed

Last edited by Ed @ Late Model Speed; 03-19-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HitmanLSX
Oh thought of something else in regard to the first question... I know a lot of people are going speed density but is the 4 bolt pattern on the intake plenum the same as the LS2? and if so would you just be able to use an LS2 cable TB for that and have some room to put in the maf? or do you need the spacer to clear the pulley?

I don't know of a cable operated factory 90MM, but if the lever is on the pass side, then it would be the same. I had to make an extension housing to space it out far enough for the lever to clear the pully at WOT. The bolt pattern is the same, so if someone was able to adapt a drive by wire factory 90MM TB(elec motor on driver side), then you could delete my extension housing and have enough room for a MAF. I wouldn't begin to know how to do that, but I'm sure someone out there can!

Ed
Old 03-19-2007, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Nick Williams makes a 4-bolt 90mm TB that fits the LS2 intakes for Cable driven vehicles. So sounds like you just need to make a small spacer to clear the pulley at WOT
Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HitmanLSX
Nick Williams makes a 4-bolt 90mm TB that fits the LS2 intakes for Cable driven vehicles. So sounds like you just need to make a small spacer to clear the pulley at WOT

That's pretty much what I did, I just used the FAST 90MM TB, but any LSx 4 bolt 90MM TB should work.

Ed
Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default roots blower

I would like to know exactly how much the K-member was lowered and what effect it would have on handleing an wearing out u-joints ect.

in my latest reading GM high tech states K-member lowered a few inches?

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...kit/index.html

when I started this thread the pictured car do'esnt appear to be lowered blower appears higher and cowl is cut much more?

also how well will the car run without a MAF?

Thanks

Last edited by badmfkr; 08-24-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by badmfkr
I would like to know exactly how much the K-member was lowered and what effect it would have on handleing an wearing out u-joints ect.

in my latest reading GM high tech states K-member lowered a few inches?

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...kit/index.html

when I started this thread the pictured car do'esnt appear to be lowered blower appears higher and cowl is cut much more?

also how well will the car run without a MAF?

Thanks
You only have to lift car 3/4" you dont actually lower k member. By putting 3/4" spacer between k member and body is actually a body lift.

It does not affect handling at all as far as I can tell, The alignment is dead on.
The lms kit is not the one pictured in the first post. You dont have to cut any of the plastic cowling or the hood.
As far as the mafless Ed has got it down pretty good.

I'm also in Atl so if you have any ?s let me know. In case your interested I now own the car in badmonkeys sig.

The only downside to the maggie is what happened to my car.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/973112-extremely-bad-night.html
Old 09-01-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default bumer

Originally Posted by 98catfish
You only have to lift car 3/4" you dont actually lower k member. By putting 3/4" spacer between k member and body is actually a body lift.

It does not affect handling at all as far as I can tell, The alignment is dead on.
The lms kit is not the one pictured in the first post. You dont have to cut any of the plastic cowling or the hood.
As far as the mafless Ed has got it down pretty good.

I'm also in Atl so if you have any ?s let me know. In case your interested I now own the car in badmonkeys sig.

The only downside to the maggie is what happened to my car.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973112
Sorry to hear the bad news, looks like the man upstairs did,nt want you driving that car that day.

If you get the blowoff from MC I would not just postup here but all the other simiarl fourm sites MC does,nt want bad advertising.

Hearing stuff like this makes me lose interest in modding extreme (Boost)

I now plan a slitely bigger cam and NA heads.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
The '99 TA in the pic above has an aftermarket fiberglass Ram Air hood. I didn't cut anythin at all out of the hood, but it is very close. I may end up having to take a small piece out of the inner structure.

I have not had ths car to the dyno yet, but it works extremely well. If my SOP dyno is working properly , I would say it's north of 450RWHP. This is a bone stock A/T car making 7 PSI
As far as I know, TVS blowers are still in development. Once I get my hands on one, I'm sure I can make it fit, but I have no idea when I will be able to get one. When a bigger blower is available from Magnuson, I will try to offer it as an upgrade to this kit.Hope this helps,
Ed
Where are you, I wanna be first.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
Where are you, I wanna be first.
You should really check the post date. 3/20/2007

There are probably 20 or so of us now.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts