Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stuck on the fence - Procharger or TTI Single Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soontobeLS1, how about you tell us your goals for the car other then 'low end punch'. Either option can give you that. Do you want to road race, drag race, street race, ect? Are you looking for stealth or do you want someone to hear you coming from a block away?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Well, goals....

Looking for a car to rip it up on the streets, and kick a local cobras ***....I wanna be able to spin the tires in 3rd gear or so, for the fun factor...I could care less about being stealth....

I guess, when it comes down to the same car with same boost on the street, between Procharger and a turbo, which one takes the jump and wins all things same considered (tires/suspension etc.)

Thx for the replies, and yes...i have been doing lots of reading and trying to pick one....I know the site is used for a reason and their are some knowledgeable guys around....I won't have a chance to ride in either cars, don't know of any around.

Ryan
Old 03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

your particular setup will have alot to do with determining which platform, SC or Turbo, will be more efficent @ xx psi. asking which one is better is like asking which gives better head, a blonde or brunette. Both will get the job done and neither is 'better' then the other but they both have their advantages and their disadvantages.

either setup should be able to spin the tires in 3rd so thats not a problem. if your racing from a roll then you will need to 'brake boost' in order to get a turbo car to hit like a SC car.

IMO I would go with a SC car because its much easier to launch/drive & predict. Not saying that one is better then the other but having several turbo cars and the SC car in my sig that is my opinion.

give a little more input on your goals and it should help narrow it down. either way though you can't really go wrong, there is no BAD choice.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

TTi Race Kit is clean, reliable and a proven solution. MM has shown what the stock kit can do on the dyno and shown what kind of power it's capable of pushing with an upgraded turbo. We've seen it go 9.9s on two cars and piles of low 10s on pump gas in daily driving trim just the way the cars showed up on drag radials.

There is plenty left in the original GT80 turbo that we haven't seen at the track yet. MM is finally going to get to enjoy the big turbo behind the auto like it should be. Ryan will get to show off the new air cooled setup and turbo options this year. So it should be an interesting season for the TTi race kit cars.

We all know we can make good power behind any power adder when you match it with the right supporting parts. The power you put down breaks the parts and not the power adder. So be prepared to support what you want to run and you won't have to replace many parts.

What some of might not realize though is just how easy and consistent a street/strip turbo car can be. It's always easier to launch and run an auto than an M6 car but the turbo does exaggerate that fact. Learn your footbrake technique, use your T-brake, use the 2-step and use your boost controller to find what works for you on the street and on the strip. Practice, document and repeat. I'd say a day with 13 out of 16 passes within .2s shows it can be done if you put the time in to learn it.

Setting up a MAF tune to run 10-15psi on the street with the TTi race kit will give you more than enough fun to keep you busy for a while. If you need more, you do a 3-bar speed density tune and insanity is just a turn of the **** away. If you need more or you like the dedicated setup you can move on to the BS3.

George built the right kit for what I wanted and I've been having fun with it ever since it went on the car.

Rick
Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing I forgot to mention about the reliability issues, if you've every changed one belt on a SC setup, then you've all ready done more maintenance then I have on my TTi components in the 2+ years that the kit has been on the car. We'll I guess maybe if you count the fact I do oil changes and the turbos need oil that would be kit maintenance.

Rick
Old 03-20-2007, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
TTi Race Kit is clean, reliable and a proven solution. MM has shown what the stock kit can do on the dyno and shown what kind of power it's capable of pushing with an upgraded turbo. We've seen it go 9.9s on two cars and piles of low 10s on pump gas in daily driving trim just the way the cars showed up on drag radials.

There is plenty left in the original GT80 turbo that we haven't seen at the track yet. MM is finally going to get to enjoy the big turbo behind the auto like it should be. Ryan will get to show off the new air cooled setup and turbo options this year. So it should be an interesting season for the TTi race kit cars.

We all know we can make good power behind any power adder when you match it with the right supporting parts. The power you put down breaks the parts and not the power adder. So be prepared to support what you want to run and you won't have to replace many parts.

What some of might not realize though is just how easy and consistent a street/strip turbo car can be. It's always easier to launch and run an auto than an M6 car but the turbo does exaggerate that fact. Learn your footbrake technique, use your T-brake, use the 2-step and use your boost controller to find what works for you on the street and on the strip. Practice, document and repeat. I'd say a day with 13 out of 16 passes within .2s shows it can be done if you put the time in to learn it.

Setting up a MAF tune to run 10-15psi on the street with the TTi race kit will give you more than enough fun to keep you busy for a while. If you need more, you do a 3-bar speed density tune and insanity is just a turn of the **** away. If you need more or you like the dedicated setup you can move on to the BS3.

George built the right kit for what I wanted and I've been having fun with it ever since it went on the car.

Rick
Thanks, Rick. The main reason for the air to air intercooler is to try to bring the price down and still keep the level of performance.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
One thing I forgot to mention about the reliability issues, if you've every changed one belt on a SC setup, then you've all ready done more maintenance then I have on my TTi components in the 2+ years that the kit has been on the car. We'll I guess maybe if you count the fact I do oil changes and the turbos need oil that would be kit maintenance.

Rick

Guess it depends on belt setup, takes me longer to jack up the car then change the belt. But since I have the same belt on the car for the last 1.5 years I dont get a lot of practice

Both have their upsides and downsides, as well as big NA and nitrous setups. The TTi race kit is one of the nicer kits out there thats for sure, I wish they would have have done the A2A IC a while ago when i wanted to buy one because there is a good chance there would be one on my car right now. I also think the GT80 they offer is a good turbo and I would have no problem running one..

Quick Reply: Stuck on the fence - Procharger or TTI Single Turbo???