Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sdce 8 RIB & ATI Damper install?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sdce 8 RIB & ATI Damper install?

I have some questions on installing the SDCE 8 rib crank pulley to the super damper.

The super damper came assembled with three 12 pt 5/16" bolts. The three holes where I dissassembled them are shown below.

The actual holes in damper hub are 3/8" wide. THe 5/16" bolts pass through and attach to the aternator puley which has 5/16" bolt holes which retains the bolts, shown below

The alternator pulley also has three other holes, each 3/8" with threads also shown below.

The SDCE crank pulley also has three 3/8" holes.

So, should I use the original 5/16 bolts supplied with the ATI damer to affix the SDCE pulley? there is a gap with the 3/8" holes as shown and the bolts aren't long enough.

The 3/8 bolt is GRADE 8, only partially threaded and dosen't thread past what is shown in the picture so that is out.

So, should I use some longer, fulley threaded 3/8" bolts?

Unfortunately, the only full threaded 3/8 bolts, long enough to get through the 3 pulleys that I can get locally are GRADE 2.

I can get GRADE 8 through Macmaster-Carr but was wondering if the GRADE 2 would be safe?

I checked the the 12 pt bolts and believe they exceed GRADE 8 strenght so I think this is what is required.

How is anyone else assembling their balencers?

Last edited by BLASTER; 04-24-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember having the same issues and I called sdce and they said just to use grade 8 bolts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sdce 8 RIB & ATI Damper install?