Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Inlet turbo ducting....PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

chris....have u had to worry about the tubing imploding on itself under boost?

TA kid...it gets very hot under the hood and so does the turbo,youre going to want the 550* tubing for sure to be safe.

I did a lil eyeball testing today.previously with just the filter right off the turbo sucking in hot air in 4th gear at low rpm i could hear the turbo start spooling at ~2500rpms.never checked what rpm id get positive boost.

with the intake tubing and where the filter is(i have 1 of the filters where the top can suck in air too and its facing outward so air gets forced in the top) with the car in 4th gear at 2k rpms(read bogging) it made 1psi at 2500rpms and was spooling at ~2300rpms.3rd gear was just as fast.granted this is just trying to eyeball both gauges but the car even sounds more "turboy" and the BOV is louder.just found that interesting.gonna try to get the EFI live this weekend if mikes willing to help.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
chris....have u had to worry about the tubing imploding on itself under boost?

TA kid...it gets very hot under the hood and so does the turbo,youre going to want the 550* tubing for sure to be safe.

I did a lil eyeball testing today.previously with just the filter right off the turbo sucking in hot air in 4th gear at low rpm i could hear the turbo start spooling at ~2500rpms.never checked what rpm id get positive boost.

with the intake tubing and where the filter is(i have 1 of the filters where the top can suck in air too and its facing outward so air gets forced in the top) with the car in 4th gear at 2k rpms(read bogging) it made 1psi at 2500rpms and was spooling at ~2300rpms.3rd gear was just as fast.granted this is just trying to eyeball both gauges but the car even sounds more "turboy" and the BOV is louder.just found that interesting.gonna try to get the EFI live this weekend if mikes willing to help.
please keep us updated once you get the EFI. it'd be interesting to see for sure.

Quick Reply: Inlet turbo ducting....PICS