ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing that's a T-Trim?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the rant but you asked :jester
Yes, and that's the detail I wanted. Sorry about your experience - if you paid by credit card, why not go to them for a chargeback? Usually you have like 90 days.

Jim
Old 06-23-2007, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I'm curious to hear how your DIY bearing repair goes, keep us posted.
Bit of an update. Im not going to go into a lot of crap here, just a few details..
Its not something I would reccomend as a DIY repair, as there is the potential for a lot of damage to the blower...I just dont care

If anyone else is going to attempt, by all means get in touch, and I'll highlight anything I did wrong, and any tips that might help.

I only replaced the slow speed side, as the high speed bearings IMO were fine, and as earlier pictures shown, the outer bearing was damaged. the inner bearing appeared to be fine.

The links posted earlier, indicate a 6205 bearing. Whilst the same physical dimensions, this is NOT the correct bearing for a YSi.
As best I can tell, and what I have used, is a 7205 high precision angular contact bearing.
I got a pair of Nachi 7205C bearings, and they do look correct, and have a speed rating of circa 28,000rpm compared to the regular bearings of below 19000 rpm for the best types.
normal 7205,s are around 19k, 6205's are less I think, and cant handle radial loads the same as a 7205 style.

Anyway, some random pics, in no real order.

Vortech were no help whatsoever, saying return to them for repairs. End of story.

Some other pics of the blower.

Strip down and re-assemble wasnt quite as smooth as previous links describe it as, and I did make a couple of errors. The fact I ended up with ball bearings everywhere cant be good :laughs:
I also dont quite get how a small "wave" washer/shim is going to apply any pre-load to the bearings.
Essentially, when installed into the casing, the bearings are not held tight within the casing. There is a gap on the side where the shims go, which seems a little odd.
Im no bearing expert, thats for sure !!

So it is back together....god knows how long it will last !!!

Quick Reply: Vortech repairs ?