Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

problem with procharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem with procharger

Hey I'm new to the board would like to start of by saying hi to everyone.My problem is that I've installed the 4psi kit on my 01 ta and the fuel pressure is not going up under boost, if I let the car idle and hook an air pump to the FMU it will go up but not hooked to any vaccum sorce just wondering if anyone has heard or had this problem ATI dont know what else to other than send me another FMU.Everything has been checked a number of times to make sure that its hooked up right and it is.Well if anyone has any suggestions please let me know thanks.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: problem with procharger

What is your fuel pressure running at idle? Just to give you an example mine is at 60 and when on the gas it doesnt move much unless at full throttle.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If anything, with the increased fuel demand, Fuel Pressure will go DOWN at WOT from what it was at cruise.
Another pump can help keep the flow needed and the pressure up. But the regulator tries to maintain about 58 or so. Mine shows 59.5 a idle and 58 at part-throttle cruise. It's about 55 at WOT with TWO pumps running!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I had the exact same problem with my procharger FMU. I think there FMU is a big piece of crap. I called procharger and they told me that my borla was to free flowing to make enough boost to get the fuel pressure to rise. I was showing 4psi on the boost gage and the pressure wouldnt rise. Just **** can the FMU and get injectors and tuning.

I ended up using a custom aux. injector setup. I have 3 42lbs injector mounted in a custom CNC machined aluminum tube. the tube is inbetween the throttle body and MAF sensor. Im controlling my injectors with a carrol supercharging SUPERFUELER. This setup is awesome. the controller has a fuel switch for every pound of manifold pressure. I wanted to go this way because ive heard to many storys about guys trying to tune there car and having it not work right. my car runs perfect.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Until you put that FMU in the trash, it is my first pick for any problem you have. I would bet injectors and real tuning would cure what ails you. The FMU is too generic by design to be as good as real tuning..

Mike M
Old 05-05-2003, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Before I put larger injectors on my truck, the FMU would not kick the fuel up until about 4500 minimum. It is unsafe to have iffy performance out of it. I called ATI, and they said they test each one before they leave. Well, it is not worth it to depend on it to save your engine if you ask me. I am getting dynoed and wideband tomorrow tomorrow, so we'll see how good my new injectors are doing. I am getting strong 900's(O2's MV) in PE mode and at WOT, so I think it's fat.

Quick Reply: problem with procharger