Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS boost!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Websy21
ya those numbers are very impresiive and I would be happy to have them, that is about the max I want to go. Makes it even better you only have to run 5.5-6lbs! As long as the cam is user friendly with taht setup I will probably go with something like it or identical. As for the headers, I have SLP longtubes, wouldn't aftermarket headers be better thatn ported sotckers. Is it jsut for the spool you wnat to put them on? Wouldn't you see better numbers with L/T's? How would my SLP's work?
the cam is very user friendly on a 115LSA, a little choppy but not NEARLY as choppy as other cars, kinda hard to hear sometimes, but she gets the job done none the less

longtubes *could* be better if they were ceramic coated and even then they wouldnt hold in heat better than stockers that were ported and coated. you're SLP's will work for now, but if you want earlier spool then the stockers would be better

Do you think that you could make the same numbers or close to that withought the intercooler? Correct me if I am wrong, but can't you safely boost to 5psi withought an intercooler in which you are close to know?
NO...... no intercooler = TONS OF METH and even then i would still run intercooler. they're reasonably cheap and they'll always be there, plus, its a cool factor
Old 07-08-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the mustang intercooler only eliminates the removal of the fog lights and not the bird, hence no matter what intercooler you use to see max benifits you have to take the bird out?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the mustang intercooler only eliminates the removal of the fog lights and not the bird, hence no matter what intercooler you use to see max benifits you have to take the bird out?
there's someone on here with a mesh grille with a bird on it, but you want the intercooler to breathe bro
Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Ya I hear ya, I saw that car you are talking about but I can't remember where. It looked pretty good too. Guess I will have to go that route. What about piping a sidemount like ATI does? It prolly wouldn't be worth the hastle, i just like turbo's, and this kit is quite a bit cheaper. I could cam it with the sts kit and still have extra cash. This kit has the potential too if you want to build a motor later. I want a reliable DD with stock internals and the turbo's get better mileage, more fun to drive, and cruisin has no boost. My boosted eclipse is always under vaccum, well not always, lol!!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
That one in the link is too wide. You would have to trim your bumper and remove your foglights. Ill be posting up a bunch of pictures tomorrow because the car is getting torn down once I arrive at TRT tomorrow.

Keep in mind that the space between the foglights is 19-20" MAX. And with the bumper installed, those big foglight openings take up about an inch or two of that space.

My IC is 18x12.5x3.5 and has 2.5" outlets and flows vertically. I would have preferred 3" but 2.5 fits nicely above and below the foglights without having to trim the recessed fog housing on the bumper.

check out the picture below to get an idea. That box is about 18x12x4
What size is the piping that comes in the STS kit? For reference, do you know the dimensions of the intercooler that TRT sells?

Quick Reply: STS boost!!!!