Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pinks: All Out In Bristol - Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, Randy got picked. probably still there racing
Old 07-22-2007, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bet your right.who ever is racing him better be on their game
Old 07-22-2007, 12:05 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Sweet Kev

Be sure to post up the vids when ya get home.

Kyle
Not much of a video, my wife was in the tower and thought she would shoot a couple. My car was hot as hell and I didnt feel like sitting on the brake for 5 seconds so I just left early on the 'arm drop' and my wife thought I lost lol. it was a long day, they ended up only running one lane for the last 100 cars, lots of oildowns and they finally just closed the left lane and were rushing cars through. Nice camera angle though, too bad no sound really.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/e17fd...7300108d42.htm

Last edited by kp; 07-22-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
Not much of a video, my wife was in the tower and thought she would shoot a couple. My car was hot as hell and I didnt feel like sitting on the brake for 5 seconds so I just left early on the 'arm drop' and my wife thought I lost lol. it was a long day, they ended up only running one lane for the last 100 cars, lots of oildowns and they finally just closed the left lane and were rushing cars through. Nice camera angle though, too bad no sound really.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/e17fd...7300108d42.htm
Did the wife slap you upside the head when you got back in the pits?

I have only caught one episode of Pinks all out. Talk about a shitload of breakage and accidents just waiting to happen. How strict are they on tech?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Teching In

here's a pic of some of the cars.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:17 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SScam68
Did the wife slap you upside the head when you got back in the pits?

I have only caught one episode of Pinks all out. Talk about a shitload of breakage and accidents just waiting to happen. How strict are they on tech?
Na, I knew they were going to pick 10.50-10.60 cars, they always go around and interview cars after the 1st run and most of the people they interview happen to be in the final 16.

They are pretty strict on tech, but occasionally a car gets through. All it takes is a couple cars out 350 with a leaking radiator hose or rubber trans lines that finally gave up to delay things for hours..
Old 07-22-2007, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

blownramair - I spoke with you in staging lanes - big guy w/ silver hair...I have 150 photos to go through but these are you. Good talking with you and damn good runs friday and saturday. Now...to get my car up and tested for memphis. btw - i can email you the 10.1 mp files if you want them.
- Macon

Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Damn Kev,

I bet youd have to drop the boost down to 6psi or so to run 10.50's......

What ya think??

I bet ya do that next time and they will be picking 9.5X Cars LOL

Kyle
Old 07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

one more for you -
-- Macon

Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

That 1st pic is awsome......
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Damn Kev,

I bet youd have to drop the boost down to 6psi or so to run 10.50's......

What ya think??

I bet ya do that next time and they will be picking 9.5X Cars LOL

Kyle
Heh, last time for me. I'll stick with real racing

Blownramair's car looked and ran great, nice pics.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by princessTA
here's a pic of some of the cars.

The guy on the right, with the long hair, that's ME, haha. That's my bro's Monza, he made it to the finals. Here's a few pics that I've resized, I'll put some more up later. Pics are me and my bro, my uncles car that my dad was driving, my blue t/a, and a few from the last runs. Will put a bunch up tonight in a new thread. Oh and did I mention, my bro in the Monza, he drives a 1998 Camaro Z28, and is a diehard LS1 guy, haha. Here's a video from 5_02ls1's album of me and my bro running.
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=888b9cc5.flv

It was a long *** weekend, but it was the most fun we've had at an event so far. Seein that many people and being down there in front of them forever was great, and big congrats to my bro that was driving the Monza, he took everything very well. We were already packing up and he was the very LAST car that they called in the 16. If I wouldve been running about .2 slower than we both mightve had a shot at being in.

My dad was driving my uncles car that passed away, the red 3rd gen camaro... ran a string of 9.70s but it was having a few problems. Me and my bro got lined up to race each other out of luck the second pass, but it was pretty exciting racing each other heads up. I'm not sure what the times were, but my best was 10.34 at 132mph and his best was 10.59 at 126mph, so he wasnt too far behind me going through the traps.

It was a badass night meeting the Pinks crew and all, but now it's just time to relax for a few days and try to win the $50,000 at Bristol next week. I told rich and nate to come back to Bristol, and they said they would be back. The guy with the real pointy goatee, forgot his name, was extremely cool. I talked to him more than anyone and he just chilled there and chatted back for awhile about everything, everyone from the crew was really nice to us.

Last edited by Black_Bird; 07-22-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black_Bird
The guy on the right, with the long hair, that's ME, haha. That's my bro's Monza, he made it to the finals. Here's a few pics that I've resized, I'll put some more up later. Pics are me and my bro, my uncles car that my dad was driving, my blue t/a, and a few from the last runs. Will put a bunch up tonight in a new thread. Oh and did I mention, my bro in the Monza, he drives a 1998 Camaro Z28, and is a diehard LS1 guy, haha. Here's a video from 5_02ls1's album of me and my bro running.
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=888b9cc5.flv

It was a long *** weekend, but it was the most fun we've had at an event so far. Seein that many people and being down there in front of them forever was great, and big congrats to my bro that was driving the Monza, he took everything very well. We were already packing up and he was the very LAST car that they called in the 16. If I wouldve been running about .2 slower than we both mightve had a shot at being in.

My dad was driving my uncles car that passed away, the red 3rd gen camaro... ran a string of 9.70s but it was having a few problems. Me and my bro got lined up to race each other out of luck the second pass, but it was pretty exciting racing each other heads up. I'm not sure what the times were, but my best was 10.34 at 132mph and his best was 10.59 at 126mph, so he wasnt too far behind me going through the traps.

It was a badass night meeting the Pinks crew and all, but now it's just time to relax for a few days and try to win the $50,000 at Bristol next week. I told rich and nate to come back to Bristol, and they said they would be back. The guy with the real pointy goatee, forgot his name, was extremely cool. I talked to him more than anyone and he just chilled there and chatted back for awhile about everything, everyone from the crew was really nice to us.

I thought someone in those pics would probably be you. We were pulling for you guys the whole way in the 16. I have a few more pics if you want them I can email them to you. PM me if you want them.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Black_Bird I was part of the "crew" with the old Winnebago that had a red Malibooty parked on the trailor after we blew a motor next to you guys. We drove up in the Sunset Orange WS6. Considering that car does mid 10s all day long on DRs AND our pal blew his motor, we should have raced the WS6!! Anyway - I got lots of good photos...i'll look for some of you too.
-- Macon

Last edited by BadAssFast; 07-22-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Me and some buddies was there, acutally the red procharged car was right by us. I think frank talked to his dad. we Had the black lighting with the turbo motor. there was alot of cars and not enough time to get to talk to everyone. But it was a good show. The tech lines sucked friday didnt they?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BadAssFast
Black_Bird I was part of the "crew" with the old Winnebago that had a red Malibooty parked on the trailor after we blew a motor next to you guys. We drove up in the Sunset Orange WS6. Considering that car does mid 10s all day long on DRs AND our pal blew his motor, we should have raced the WS6!! Anyway - I got lots of good photos...i'll look for some of you too.
-- Macon

I seen the sunset orange trans am, it was beautiful man. i rode down in the motorhome, but it was only about an hour drive from home.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RDTA
The tech lines sucked friday didnt they?
We put off tech so long friday we missed it. Went through sat...not that it mattered.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Very Nice picks macon... Thanks for posts, I'll PM ya for the email address... It was nice meetin ya too... Memphis should be alot of fun... Friday night She ended up going 9.60 @140 with the DA around 3200... Not bad considering Kp said she'd run about 2-3 tenths slower... My 2-step ended takin a **** so I put it right on the converter... cut a 1.40 60' tho with the 9.60 pass...

Beautiful facility - by far one of the best tracks i've raced at...

Kev, nice meetin ya... very funny how a-like are cars are, trucks, oh and trailers... Ya prolly didnt think i was such a youngin huh? Lol... Gotta say your car is FAAAAST for the same **** I have... I was listening to the announcer when you pulled up on sat for qual #1 said something along the lines of, "this is one of the fastest stock appearing cars on the lot" yea buddy...

Unfortunately my old man filmed the wrong ws6 goin down the track... sorry dude... will get ya next time!

Jay
Old 07-24-2007, 04:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss
If you dont mind me asking what internal parts are you guys running. I may be looking to get a w2w 347 short block and I know you guys have had some great results with them. Do you think I should go with an ls2 or stick with the ls1.
I would already have lunati billet rods from my last setup, It was the only thing salvagable.
Thanks
Brian
I bought an LS2... okay, I let the cat outta the bag... but I dont have enough funds to have her ready by memphis... the 402 is a winter project...

In the 347 i have a callies crank, JE pistons, oliver rods, comp cams... All the good stuff built by w2w and merely identical to kp's... If you want a well built engine to run 13psi this is your shortblock...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blownramair
Kev, nice meetin ya... very funny how a-like are cars are, trucks, oh and trailers... Ya prolly didnt think i was such a youngin huh? Lol... Gotta say your car is FAAAAST for the same **** I have... I was listening to the announcer when you pulled up on sat for qual #1 said something along the lines of, "this is one of the fastest stock appearing cars on the lot" yea buddy...

Unfortunately my old man filmed the wrong ws6 goin down the track... sorry dude... will get ya next time!

Jay
If it wasnt for the weight difference our cars would be running almost identical times so like I have been saying all along its not a hard combination to duplicate and have a solid almost zero maintenance 9.50 car. The weather was decent so ETs werent that bad, if it was usual 95 degree July weather we all would have been happy to get in the 9s I was sure this time they were going to pick the 9.50-9.70 cars but they pcked the 10.60 cars again, friend of mine with my old 2000 SS got picked and I was happy one of group got in.

I seen some nice pics of your underhood and interior and you have a nice looking car, the announcer was also saying some nice things about yours as well. Too bad we were pitted a mile apart, I meant to go over by you guys but I was too lazy to walk and it was too crowded to drive the car over, I have to get me a golf cart or something. Good luck wth the new engine, I'd be curious to see how a 402 will do.

Quick Reply: Pinks: All Out In Bristol - Who's Going?