Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech bosch bypass valve replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vortech bosch bypass valve replacements?

The car is gonna be in the shop in about a week and a half. Due to thunder racing's back order on the racetronix intank setup. Anyways I have the v9 aftercooled g-trim kit. It came with the bosch bypass valve that comes with the kits stock. I have read some past posts through search but they have not totally answered my questions. I will be running 9lbs of boost instead of the 12-14 with the other pulley upgrade. This is because the engine is stock. I have read that the bosch units can handle up to 12 psi. Would there be any reason for me to switch the bosch out for the racing version or possibly the mondo version? Besides the obvious looks reason. Also If you were to switch it out which one would you pick and why? Remember I plan on running 9lbs of boost but maybe more in the future. I have read that some of the upgraded units would made boost instantly is that true? Also where could I find the upgraded bypass valves through our sponsors on the site? I noticed EPP carries the mondo but not the racing one. Also what would the install be like with the racing one versus the mondo? I believe if I read right the racing one hooks up like the stock bosh unit whereas the mondo would have to be welded up with a flange. Sorry for all of the questions but I would rather do this right the first time and not have to go through this again. Thanks for your patience and I hope you guys will be able to help me out on this one. You guys have been a big help in the past on things.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Damn come on guys. Not one reply and there have already been like 13 views. Inspector12, todd, got me som where you guys at? If you could shed a little light on the subject it would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

ttt for the sunday crowd. Anyone Damn near 30 views but no reply?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

its not boost thats the problem...its airflow. You need a unit with sufficient ability to vent the quantity of air the blower is making when you shut the throttle...

One easy way, is to use 2 smaller ones. Or one big one.

Im using a pair of Greddy Type RS BOV/Dump Valve, whatever you want to call them, on mine.

Seems to be working fine. They are 38mm diam ( 1.5" )

Obviously these vent to atmos, but I think you can get similar with fittings to re-circulate if you want.

Or the obvious big choice is the Vortech Mondo.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

I upgraded to the race valve on my Vortech GTO kit seems to be more than enough flow to work properly for me. I am at 600/541.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys I went ahead and ordered the vortech race bypass valve from summitt racing. Should work just fine for me.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the race bypass on the YSi. It does the job just fine. Smokin' if your going back into the intake tube your going to need a larger bung welded on to accommodate the larger diameter tubing.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

There are two ways of running this valve. One would be to run it off of the aftercooler like the stock one is and then back to the intake pipe. Vert you say I would need to put a bigger bung on to the intake pipe? Also there is the other way I have heard about which would be venting it into the atmosphere. Would this still be run from the aftercooler? How could I set it up to vent to the atmosphere? The maf is still on the car and I don't wanna get rid of it. Any help with this would be great. Kinda new to this. Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Also if anybody knows what would be the pro's and con's to each setup? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Vortech bosch bypass valve replacements?