Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Beware when buying a ProCharger D-1SC kit for an LS1 F Body!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baracus
Good to see exactly what type of place EPP is, after you doing this I for sure wont be dealing with ya. Good job loosing a sale.
I'll tell you what kind of place your dealing with, when I had problems with my blower car which it was when I bought it, Bob helped me over the phone to correct my problems with no hesitation. pretty good place, am I wrong. now go stick that in your pipe and smoke on it for a while.....
Old 07-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Seems kinda childish on his part to me. I don't expect everyone here to see this from my point of view but the P in PM is private, got to ask before starting a rant page with my PM's just to keep people from buying a kit elsewhere. <-- that was the purpose of the threads start.

I wont say anymore on this, I know I wont be the popular one here. But try to put yourselves into my shoes here.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baracus
Sorry, Seems kinda childish on his part to me. I don't expect everyone here to see this from my point of view but the P in PM is private, got to ask before starting a rant page with my PM's just to keep people from buying a kit elsewhere. <-- that was the purpose of the threads start.

I wont say anymore on this, I know I wont be the popular one here. But try to put yourselves into my shoes here.
Didn't even know it was you till you said something...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Well I did, since he posted it and linked me to it in a PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Then go pay more somewhere else. He is only educating us about what to look out for if your dealing with someone else. (Which I would only buy from Bob) Im pretty sure he can meet or beat any price for the same product. Sorry you had to be the example and got all butt hurt. Its really not that big of a deal. In all reality how did that affect you?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Old 07-20-2007, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
ATI ProCharger has very strict rules regarding putting prices into print that are any lower than 7.5% of MSRP. They don't allow it!

I get by with my complete D-1SC price because I am adding in all the added items which raises the price enough to be allowed. For a great price on a P-1SC tuner kit, please give me a call at 260 244-4808.

FC Customs will more than likely get yanked from being a ProCharger dealer for putting low prices into print.

Thanks! Bob
thats the complete truth, i worked it retail before, not automotive but same concept and you can get yourself and business in alot of **** for advertising things for cheaper than the company allows you too.

this is to keep competition level between its distributors, so that the distributors can afford to keep being a seller of procharger while they reap the benefits of running a healthy company supported by man shops.

its good you are covering your *** as much as possible.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

I had a guy inquire about a price for a ProCharger D-1SC price. I gave him our total kit price, that includes everything needed. Here is what he replied.

Holy **** that's high, I was told you all were the ones to talk to about prochargers and had good prices but FC customs is almost 1000 less for the same setup.??

Here is what I just replied to him.

Make sure they are selling you the 1GJ204-SCI kit, which is the 8 rib kit and comes with the larger 4.5" intercoolers. I can tell you right now it is not, it is a P-1SC kit that is upgraded to a D-1SC head unit. You would be getting the six rib belt system and the smaller 3.5" intercoolers. How do I know this? Because I am sure they are not selling a ProCharger at a huge loss. Bob

Nowhere did I ever link this pm to anyone here on LS1Tech. You did that yourself. Bob
Old 07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

I ended up buying a kit for around 3 grand with only a few hundred miles on it, and it is the six rib with the smaller intercoolers. I think the kit will be fine as I am going to be only running about 7-8 psi through it. I guess when it blows I will already have the d1 on there and just have to upgrade to the 8 rib with the FMIC. It depends on how you look at it, for some this type of starter kit it is just fine and the d1 just makes it that much better; but someone more hardcore looking for 13lbs of boost out of the box bobs kit seems to be the way to go.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by 1badsupersport
I ended up buying a kit for around 3 grand with only a few hundred miles on it, and it is the six rib with the smaller intercoolers. I think the kit will be fine as I am going to be only running about 7-8 psi through it. I guess when it blows I will already have the d1 on there and just have to upgrade to the 8 rib with the FMIC. It depends on how you look at it, for some this type of starter kit it is just fine and the d1 just makes it that much better; but someone more hardcore looking for 13lbs of boost out of the box bobs kit seems to be the way to go.
Yes, I agree. The standard 6 rib kit is not a bad way to go as long as everyone is comparing the same pn's when asking for pricing. The trouble is a lot of people are going to assume that if you order a D-1SC kit, it is automatically going to be the wider 8 rib belt set-up and the larger 4.5" intercoolers. If the six rib kit is what someone wants, I'll be happy to sell it to them. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page. Bob
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Yes, I agree. The standard 6 rib kit is not a bad way to go as long as everyone is comparing the same pn's when asking for pricing. The trouble is a lot of people are going to assume that if you order a D-1SC kit, it is automatically going to be the wider 8 rib belt set-up and the larger 4.5" intercoolers. If the six rib kit is what someone wants, I'll be happy to sell it to them. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page. Bob
If all hot rod shops were as honest as you guys there would definitely be a lot less upset people in the world. As far as my future 8 rib and FMIC combo, I am definitely going with you guys for the setup.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on another happy EPP customer here. For those who are bashing them, its obvious you haven't dealt with them. It's also obvious from those of us that have dealt with EPP that we all have shared the same experience. Great prices, along with outstanding customer service.

Several of my items from my car are from EPP. I was one of the first ones with their custom FMIC's. Bob knows his stuff, and will always cut you a killer deal most anyone can't beat. EPP's not making hardly any profit off their parts because they sell them so cheep. They make their money keeping happy individuals like myself coming back for more, and having work done on their cars.

I used to shop around for the best prices between several shops. Now, I don't even bother because Bob always seems to have the best deals. A deep "Thanks" to EPP from me for all the hard work, and killer deals you have helped me with.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

Call911, let me know how your car does at the track this Summer! Bob
Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another satisfied EPP customer, I've even linked EPP's website in my SIG how is that for support.

Bob will take care of you guys before and after the sale PERIOD.

Thanks for the Moser and stuff Bob, hope I get that driveshaft measurement to you this week. I'm just waiting on a dipstick tube

J
Old 07-21-2007, 04:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Another satisfied EPP customer, I've even linked EPP's website in my SIG how is that for support.

Bob will take care of you guys before and after the sale PERIOD.

Thanks for the Moser and stuff Bob, hope I get that driveshaft measurement to you this week. I'm just waiting on a dipstick tube

J

Thanks, let me know once you have the measurement. Bob
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andereck
The 5.7 Charger is being finalized and then work will start on the SRT-8. There has been no work done on the 300C as of yet.
Thanks for posting this up, Mark. Bob
Old 07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
12 Second Club

lets turn this into more of a promote EPP thread.....

i know i dont have a supercharger...but dam has bob helped me out a few times with motor questions and turbo question...and i have not even bought a single thing from him!

if this guy wants to be mad at bob for trying to warn us about this then let it be. he didnt post anything about your name...and no one made you post in this like you did...could have said thanks for him pointing this out and not letting you buy this and realize it after it shows up.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Ah the allure of the low price; let the guy buy the kit and see how much money he will spend in probably having to piece everything together !
Old 07-21-2007, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

well i love fi and i think a used kit is the way to go since wait i just happen to have one laying around for sale check my post please but if you are buying new i would go to bob he is a great guy and really knows his stuff
Old 07-21-2007, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

well i already know who i'm buying my 9" from .....just need the ca$h

Quick Reply: Beware when buying a ProCharger D-1SC kit for an LS1 F Body!