Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Radix 5.3 w/243's

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radix 5.3 w/243's

Hey all - new (soon) to the FI world and I gotta a question on whether to mill or not.

Just bought an I/C Radix for my 5.3 I will be installing soon. Plan on doing a H/C swap at the same time. Cam will be TR-Blower 214/230 117LSA.

I have a set of 243s I would like to use in this setup and where the hang up is whether to mill the 243s to acheive the same chamber and CR as the stock 5.3 heads. I would like to also use a .040 head gasket to help out in the quench area. While the 243s are out to get freshened up, PP Gold valve spring kit, along with a pocket port, etc...should I leave the 243s with a 64.xxcc chamber or mill them slightly.

Appreciate any help.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:14 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Okie5.3
Hey all - new (soon) to the FI world and I gotta a question on whether to mill or not.

Just bought an I/C Radix for my 5.3 I will be installing soon. Plan on doing a H/C swap at the same time. Cam will be TR-Blower 214/230 117LSA.

I have a set of 243s I would like to use in this setup and where the hang up is whether to mill the 243s to acheive the same chamber and CR as the stock 5.3 heads. I would like to also use a .040 head gasket to help out in the quench area. While the 243s are out to get freshened up, PP Gold valve spring kit, along with a pocket port, etc...should I leave the 243s with a 64.xxcc chamber or mill them slightly.

Appreciate any help.
I think you should use a stock MLS head gasket if you think you will gain power with that change you are mistaken. You should lower the SCR as much as you can with a stock bottom end and add more boost accordingly, But what ever you want to do I am sure it will run good just put one on a 100% stock 5.3 with a 3.0" pulley it ran very good. Good luck.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I think you should use a stock MLS head gasket if you think you will gain power with that change you are mistaken. You should lower the SCR as much as you can with a stock bottom end and add more boost accordingly, But what ever you want to do I am sure it will run good just put one on a 100% stock 5.3 with a 3.0" pulley it ran very good. Good luck.
I was thinking the .040 might help improve the quench a little for KR purposes. So you would pretty much recommend just surfacing/clean-up of the heads and go with it? Thx, appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Radix 5.3 w/243's