Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dyno #'s for the new Vortech lid!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dyno #'s for the new Vortech lid!!!!

Here it is guys.. we finally have the dyno results for the new Spectacle Solutions Vortech air lid.
we gained almost 19 RWHP and 19 RWTQ!!! This was done on bone stock car with the exception of the Vortech, we also had a stock paper AC DELCO filter.The lids are now going on sale for $225 shipped anywhere in the U.S. We have to have 10 orders before the lids will even be produced and shipped. Please e-mail: Brian@spectaclesolutions.com for the dyno file and payment information.

Thanks,
Brian Brannen
owner/operator
www.spectaclesolutions.com
Old 05-15-2003, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Dyno #'s for the new Vortech lid!!!!

Thats a badass lid, you can defiently tell that gets rid of the stock BIG restriction....
Old 05-16-2003, 12:25 PM

Want one?
Old 05-16-2003, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like a nice piece. Although i think your post will be delete soon since you need to be a sponsor of the site to post things like this for sale on here. You might wanna email one of the mods about becoming a sponsor.

Will
Old 05-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Banned

Hey, does a tube of K-Y come with that price tag.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

good gains, ive seen the lid in person and it looks good
Old 05-17-2003, 01:36 PM

Why do people think that price is high?
A DEE O what did you pay for your cam package? Well let me tell you since i deal in comp cams..a complete cam package costs between $700 and $850 for everything...and guess what..its only good for like 25HP by itself..so i think $225 shipped anywhere in the US is pretty darn good for 19RWHP..but heck..you do all the math..figure out the breakdown of your parts..cost versus HP..i bet you paid a lot for your twin turbo for what little HP you got. Your twin turbo probably costs around $6000 shipped and lets divide it by a 200 HP gain and you paid about $30 per HP..so by that measure..my lid should cost you about $570..because that looks like what you are willing to pay..i could be wrong..but you do the math!
Old 05-17-2003, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

hey man.....don't go wigging out....

Old 05-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

A DEE O what did you pay for your cam package? Well let me tell you since i deal in comp cams..a complete cam package costs between $700 and $850 for everything...and guess what..its only good for like 25HP by itself..so i think $225 shipped anywhere in the US is pretty darn good for 19RWHP..but heck..you do all the math..figure out the breakdown of your parts..cost versus HP..i bet you paid a lot for your twin turbo for what little HP you got. Your twin turbo probably costs around $6000 shipped and lets divide it by a 200 HP gain and you paid about $30 per HP..so by that measure..my lid should cost you about $570..because that looks like what you are willing to pay..i could be wrong..but you do the math!

LOL
Old 05-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Banned

Boy, You are a real businessman. Comparing a PLASTIC piece to a custom fabbed TT kit. Where did you learn you business ethics? I hope you sell a million. Angelo
Old 05-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Talking like that on the board is not going to sell very many lids...
Old 05-18-2003, 09:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

Both of you have some nice negative advertising going.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:43 PM

The gains are proven and they are very cost effective..people who have the desire for the HP gains and the cosmetic appereance will buy it!

Thanks,
Brian Brannen
owner/operator
Old 05-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Banned

Both of you have some nice negative advertising going.
It's always political? I guess I could have phrashed my initial comment differently, but I hope it gave some people a chuckle? Sometimes that helps a day progress? You can lock or delete this thread and SS can start a new one. Ang
Old 05-20-2003, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 3 local guys with vortech superchargers including me. Id like to see more proof of 19 rwhp. If you would like Jay from absolute speed will be dynoing either my Vortech car or his. Send him over one and we will post more results.

to be honest, i would be willing to pay 225 SHIPPED for almost 20hp. that comes out to $11.25 for each 1 hp, not a bad deal to me.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:54 PM

Mike,

Pleae give me a call when you get a chance.
901-461-2893

Thanks,
Brian Brannen
Old 05-20-2003, 10:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

No more extraneous comments they aren't funny and they innapropriate. Customers vote with their purchases.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:17 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

GRT,

see my post in this forum. I tested the lid. I emailed all the dyno results/charts to Brian and he will post them on his website (which I think is down temporarily).
Old 05-29-2003, 12:24 AM
9 Second Club

it seems high because lids only cost 100 bucks retail from our vendors now, sure it makes power, but lets not forget that the markup on the product seems high, that is all. I will be sure and let my friend know about the lid though, he would love it!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:53 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Nick,

I don't work for or with Spectacle Solutions, I just helped out by providing the test car. I thought the lid was cool and wanted to see it go into production, therefore I did what I could to help. OK, disclaimer aside now.

The lid SEEMS expensive, but only if you don't think through the whole situation. You are comparing apples to oranges when you compare it to a "normal" aftermarket lid. There were how many LS1 F-bodies made every year? Just an educated guess, but about 20,000 every year of production. Therefore, the makers/sellers of aftermarket lids have about 100,000 potential customers. How many potential customers are out there for Spectacle's lid? ONLY people with a Vortech. A very small fraction of the total number of LS1 equiped cars. Therefore, from the start, Spectacle can only expect to sell a much, much smaller number of them. Therefore their cost per unit for design, R&D, and production is much higher than a maker who probably does production runs of 1000 lids at a time for non-blown LS1's.

I don't have any insider info on Spectacle's costs, but just by applying what I said above you can come to the conclusion that the markup on them is not what you think.

Also, how many makers are there for "normal" lids? Yep, a number of them. They all watch each others' prices and compete. Just the law of supply and demand, and he who brings a product to market first deserves a small reward for his/her initiative and creative thinking. It's the same in virtually every industry.

Ok, hope Spectacle sees this and slips me a $50 spot.

Seriously, I just wanted to point out what I thought was a flawed analysis of the price.

Quick Reply: Dyno #'s for the new Vortech lid!!!!