Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

c5 zo6 twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
the APS can have troble making as much power as the TTiX stuff. i think APS use smaller turbos. still a very nice kit. just need APS to get the turbo from the Z06 to fit!

Thanks Chris.
Chris, I'd put it the other way around. I think guys have limited budgets and are using a gross mismatch of engine components. Get the engine combination wrong (especially the cam timing and comp ratio) and you will severly limit the power potential of any FI system.

Pound for pound, I am confident that the APS twin turbo system is a genuine match up for any commercially available mass produced C5 twin turbo system.

Peter
Old 08-03-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuntington101
the APS can have troble making as much power as the TTiX stuff. i think APS use smaller turbos.
Yes, the APS kit does use smaller turbos, but that doesn't mean the APS kit won't make great power. Almost no one really runs their power adder on the ragged edge, unless you have a Maggie or something.

No one has pushed their APS C5 kit yet, at least as far as I know, so we don't know what the kit will max out at. Their C6 kit uses T2's and haven't thus far produced numbers that would amaze anyone.

The guy who started this thread asked about STS and APS - not TTi. Personally, I have a TTi Stage X kit and love it, but that's not the point of this thread.

Quick Reply: c5 zo6 twin turbo