Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hp Performance Turbo Kit V Sts

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hp Performance Turbo Kit V Sts

I HAVE A STOCK 98 CAMARO WITH SLP PACKAGE A4. I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED ABOUT THESE TWO TURBO KITS. I JUST REGESTIRED TO LS1 TECH AND THOUGHT THAT MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME. CAN YOU GUYS ANSWER ME THIS QUESTION. I SPOKE WITH HP PERFORMANCE AND THEY TOLD ME THAT WITH THEIR STAGE 1 KIT,TUNE AND A 3500 STALL TORQUE CONVERTER ,THAT MY CAR SHOULD BE A 500 HORSE POWER CAR AND THAT I SHOULD RUN ANYWHERE FROM MID 11'S TO HIGH 10'S WITH THIS KIT. IM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE PULLING MY LEG JUST TO BUY THE KIT OR ARE THEY SERIOUS.
I ALSO TALKED WITH TRT PERFORMANCE THAT SELL STS. FOR EXAMPLE WITH THEIR STAGE 3 TURBO KIT I WOULD ONLY MAYBE GAIN ABOUT A SECOND OFF MY QUARTER MILE. HE TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE MORE THEN JUST BOLTING ON A TURBO KIT AND A TORQUE CONVERTER TO GET INTO THE ELEVENS OR EVEN HIGH TENS. IS THIS SO , DOES ANY ONE HAVE A HP PERFORMANCE KIT IN THEIR STOCK LS1 IF SO TELL ME ABOUT IT AND THE TYPE OF PERFORMANC YOU GET. AND ALSO SOMEONE WITH STS SYSTEM TELL ME ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF YOUR NEW KIT AND ITS RELIABILITY? THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok first of all... You are not going to be in the 10's with any base bolt on turbo kit and a stall..

Theres much more in getting ot the 10's than power.. Suspension have alot to do with it... Also You would need a 12bolt or 9" rear to be able to leave on slicks...

I have the sts turbo kit, and running 7psi you can expect about 130 rwhp gain..

I dont know much about the HP kit, but your not getting into the 10's with either base kit and a stall...

Ive been done this road, and learned that when they say take the cost of what you think your going to spend and add 50% to that, thats very true.. Ive done it!

Billy at TRT is correct! Of course hes not known around the country for no reason..

Now, if you WANT to get into the 10's and have the cash go for it!, but I wouldnt be dissapointed if you bolt on an STS kit @ 7psi and run low 12's!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Also, take off caps lock. It doesn't make more people read your post, it makes more people ignore you.

But I did read the post above, which stated in it the STS kit. If 10s is your goal, look elseware. If the STS even has the capability to go that far, with any turbo, it certainly isn't going to be fun or enjoyable to drive anywhere other than the track.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Launching!

I have the hp kit and it's a very nice kit.....took along time to get all of my parts....
Old 08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

SO.
YOU ARE ASKING IF YOU SHOULD GO WITH A SPONSORS TURBO KIT -VS- A NON SPONSORS TURBO KIT?????

SPONSOR!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just an fyi for you HPturbos have had some really bad customer service so dont expect your kit to be complete or on time, you can do a search on the board of EEP's review of them, and im sure it will change your mind.

Quick Reply: Hp Performance Turbo Kit V Sts