Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

408 Iron Block with what turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we are the Borg Warner guys they called. But I was under then impression it was a front mount setup. Now once I was told rearmount, then yeah, the setup needs to be changed greatly, especially when it was mentioned to me (streetcar and fast spool) in the same sentence as rearmount. So yeah the TC76 will do what you want, and still make some good power.

As for race covers....yes. At higher PR's a larger A/R cover can make a substantial difference on the total output of the turbo. Of course we are talking peak #'s. An average setup that runs 65-75% of total power output of the charger will more then likely only see a few HP increase. Its all relative.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Suppose to at high pressure ratios. An LS1 doesn't use high pressure ratios, and that 12 blade turbine wheel is horrible on exhaust flow. Flow just a touch more then a GT42 turbine wheel. I would have gone GT47-80R if you wanted 80mm BB and a garrett.
we called garrett and they recommended this turbo because my goal was the 1k mark....they stated that they have only built 9 of these turbos, but you have knowledge of how good it is....I guess you have installed a bunch and know first hand, that's cool but it must not be too terrible, it's doing o.k. for me on low boost...

Last edited by red beast; 08-09-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
Yes we are the Borg Warner guys they called. But I was under then impression it was a front mount setup. Now once I was told rearmount, then yeah, the setup needs to be changed greatly, especially when it was mentioned to me (streetcar and fast spool) in the same sentence as rearmount. So yeah the TC76 will do what you want, and still make some good power.
Great to hear we got that figured out. I appreciate your help
Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Let me quess..... a GT42-76mm Unit with a T6 Flange???

I bet shes's out of steam by 11-13 psi.....
Extreme back pressure with that turbo......

Kyle
I was told it was a pt76 I belive it was the GTS but i got it used from a guy who was running twin 76's. Is there a serial number or anything on there that will tell me more?

Also is that any better then the 42? on hte plus side i am only looking to run 9-12 psi untill i can upgrade my tranny.

Quick Reply: 408 Iron Block with what turbo??