Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

royal purple =sludge

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I cannot comment on the RP but w/ respect to Amsoil (a product I like BTW!) my step-father (a Master Mechanic) told me about a guy who had his oil changed at the GM dealership every 5K; but per his request they used Amsoil that the customer / owner provided.

After 30K miles the engine had to be rebuilt and when they took the valve covers off and the oil pan every thing was coated in a thick layer of sludge!

I know, I know, completely unverifiable and counter-intuative, but my dad swears he saw it 'cause HE rebuilt the engine! Take it as a single bad example...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by great421
OK, I cannot comment on the RP but w/ respect to Amsoil (a product I like BTW!) my step-father (a Master Mechanic) told me about a guy who had his oil changed at the GM dealership every 5K; but per his request they used Amsoil that the customer / owner provided.

After 30K miles the engine had to be rebuilt and when they took the valve covers off and the oil pan every thing was coated in a thick layer of sludge!

I know, I know, completely unverifiable and counter-intuative, but my dad swears he saw it 'cause HE rebuilt the engine! Take it as a single bad example...
Why do you like it, then?

Quick Reply: royal purple =sludge