Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Teaser video of Whipple 3.3L in C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The subject about clutches is a bit touchy. It really all depends on how you drive the thing. You can have the grippest clutch and still burn it out. With all the threads I have read, the text. single 0Z700 seems to hold just about anything you can throw at it. I know of one vette here, mod. that has the 0Z700 an states to be at 850rwhp with no problems at all.

If you are interested in holding power, and want to race it hard on occasions, I dont see where that clutch might steer your wrong. Now, they have a twin and a triple disk that some can attest to. I believe inspector12 runs one in his 880rwhp camaro.

Again, people will swear that the clutch they run is the best clutch out there, period. I know for fact that a 0Z700 yields the best pedal feel out there, bar-none. Personally, I feel the customer service, performance, and pedal feel you get from a text. is more than enough to steer me in that direction.

I know that eventually, i might switch over to a m6 setup, and a triple text. is what i would run.

good luck!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
rjw
TECH Apprentice

Location: Tinker till it blows, then back it off a notch, maybe!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obZidian
The subject about clutches is a bit touchy. It really all depends on how you drive the thing. You can have the grippest clutch and still burn it out. With all the threads I have read, the text. single 0Z700 seems to hold just about anything you can throw at it. I know of one vette here, mod. that has the 0Z700 an states to be at 850rwhp with no problems at all.

If you are interested in holding power, and want to race it hard on occasions, I dont see where that clutch might steer your wrong. Now, they have a twin and a triple disk that some can attest to. I believe inspector12 runs one in his 880rwhp camaro.

Again, people will swear that the clutch they run is the best clutch out there, period. I know for fact that a 0Z700 yields the best pedal feel out there, bar-none. Personally, I feel the customer service, performance, and pedal feel you get from a text. is more than enough to steer me in that direction.

I know that eventually, i might switch over to a m6 setup, and a triple text. is what i would run.

good luck!

I agree..a lot of it is how you drive it...I am not hard on a clutch, but if your driveline can handle a lauch, it gets hard on a clutch out of the dig.

I also agree that most will defend their choices and sometimes with more than called for enthusiasm.

No questin that the tex has a good rep in the vette market

thx
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

no problem, good luck with that trackday!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obZidian

good luck!
Inspector 12 has triples in both of his cars..
Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Teching In

barely seen the video...sounds crisp!!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn I love that sound.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

wow...
I LOVE the sound of a roots type blower.

I just wish i could put a 6-71 or 8-71 on my small block... no money
Old 12-22-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

Man that is a bad as Z06 the blower with that G5x1 cam is stout! Love the video of it on the hwy!

Quick Reply: Teaser video of Whipple 3.3L in C5 Z06