Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Graduated High School Look What I Got!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 05:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Graduated High School Look What I Got!!

ah were just messin with ya, its a great gift, but you dont need to rub it in our face

126 and 11's on street tires, im still on a stock rear till I can afford the 12bolt
Old 05-28-2003, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is a difference between a gift and a d1 kit .
Old 05-28-2003, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah, get ready for some tuning, wonder if they know what they got into
Old 05-28-2003, 06:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I didnt mean to rub it in your faces but hey I just thought that i would share excitment with the rest of you all on what i got Sorry
Old 05-28-2003, 07:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He was kiddin'.

We're happy for ya. Just make sure you appreciate what you got and don't burn your parents by being too irresponsible.

Stay around and let us know how it goes. We ahve a lot of knowledge to share with you on how to keep it together and keep it fast.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

what are your plans to attatch the hks bov to the supercharger kit?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

I appreciate everything that they have ever gotten me I love my new s/c I look at it 4 to5 times a day in the box I will need many questions to ask in the near future and I will have to turn to you guys for those answers and I appriciate all you guys do for me also
I am going to mount the BOV right after the s/c bfore the mass air flow sensor.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats funny. i have 2 young boys and what theyll get for graduating is a nice luggage set to move the hell out!
congrats by the way!
Old 05-28-2003, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought that I was lucky with the T/A

Next time just say I graduated law school or from MIT...would keep the aholes from talkin smack
Old 05-29-2003, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with I8your03cobra. Obviously LS1user thinks he should be the one with all the money and toys because he is older. I'm sorry to break it to ya but that is just the way the economy works. Some make it some don't. It's not my fault that my mom is smart and has busted her *** to get where she is today....I'm sure she didn't mean any harm by it. If I didn't deserve what ever she gave me then she wouldn't have. And you want to talk about sacrifice....I've lost 17 people in my family in the past 5 years, with one of them being my father. Don't even think you know Me or I8your03cobra because you don't. I am more successful than you may think. I have my real estate license while today was my last day of highschool! So if you think I'm going to live off of my mom for the rest of her life your dead wrong. When she brings home the viper it'll not be my fault, but you will try to make it be mine. You try to make me look like the ******* driving the car, when in reality the only one who will look like the undeserving ******* will be the one ranting about how it just isn't fair and that they should be the one getting it because "they've worked for it". Maybe your ideal life is different than mine (Its all relative). You may think that driving 700RWHP Porsche 911's is out of the ordinary but I've done it, Viper GTS: drove one of those when I was 16, 2003 Viper SRT 10: Did that just before I got home today. I've rode in a Shelby Series 1 just this past weekend. If I remember correctly there are only a couple hundred on the road (either 300 or 500; can't remember) and at 195,000 MSRP that is not a cheap car either. But this is the norm for a person like me. Everyone is different in there own right but does not deserve to be singled out because of it. If jealousy is a problem for you then the world is going to be a tough place to live in.

i8your03cobra.....congrats on the blower, i'd get one as well if i already had the headers. Make sure you wear the diapers on your first WOT punch. Feel free to PM me. I'm going to be down in the Florida and Bahama's area late this summer. Maybe I can swing by.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Where's the "hysterically laughing my *** off into unconsciousness" smiley face at? I can't find it.

Is the Viper going into your "stable" or not, Mike?

The essence of what I'm getting from your argument is that because your mother has earned it, you've earned it. And at the end of your post, you transition to this jealousy thing. Is it possible that I could be jealous of a 14 year old child? You're presuming a lot about me, too. I'm not going to be wowed by talk of your accomplishments or driving experiences. I don't care if you were Prom King or yearbook editor. What I've found is that the man that pays for his own toys is the minority in this thread (hence I'm the a-hole). I hadn't realized that I walked into a mall until now...sorry.

Your grammar does impress me, though. You're off to a good start.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Teching In

oops!

I take that last comment back.

-USER
Old 05-29-2003, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

You may think that driving 700RWHP Porsche 911's is out of the ordinary but I've done it, Viper GTS: drove one of those when I was 16, 2003 Viper SRT 10: Did that just before I got home today. I've rode in a Shelby Series 1 just this past weekend. If I remember correctly there are only a couple hundred on the road (either 300 or 500; can't remember) and at 195,000 MSRP that is not a cheap car either. But this is the norm for a person like me.
Wanna cookie? Not sure what your rant was supposed to prove, other than we should bow down to you and the cars you have driven(but not actually earned). I wouldn't neccessarily put you and I8 in the same boat. Yes a blower is probably a bit of an extravagant high school grad gift for my household. But one thing I've learned is there will always be people with more and always be people with less. But he is in the Forced Induction section of LS1Tech. Him coming here telling us about his grad present is a little bit more relevant than you expecting praise for having been privileged enough to have driven 911s, Vipers, and Shelby's(none of which have LS1s). Does driving those cars make you a better person? I don't think so. You may very well be a nice level headed guy, as am I, but you're coming off like a spoiled brat.

Some people might be jealous of I8's present, but I doubt any one of us would say no to it if it were offered to us. I'm glad I didn't have my Hawk back in HS, I would have killed myself for sure But if I8 is a nice guy I have no problem helping him out. Having just been through what he's about to undertake, I'm not envious at all :p J/K I8... All the hard work to get her installed will be worth it after that first WOT run

Just my $.02
BH
Old 05-29-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PLEASE guys kill this pettiness!

I'm GLAD for the guy he got a blower. He's a part of the FI club, as far as I'm concerned! I sacrificed AND made some debt to get my stuff. But, if your job or your family line gets you the same thing, then so be it.

I didn't get the impression he was rubbing anything in anybody's face. He's just ECSTATIC! I would be, too!

Welcome to the forum, dude!
Old 05-29-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Man i Graduate on the 30th and all i get is a Torque converter but at the least i get somthing right?? i guess you can't beatem all...but good for you and you S.C.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blown Hawk.....Yes, I do consider myself a nice and level headed guy. I do not show off my possessions or fortune in front of anyone else. I can be found in regular clothes, at a drag strip wearing an event t-shirt. As the lenard skynard song goes, I am a Simple Kinda Man. This may seem hard to believe for some but it's not like i'm spoiled or anything....I know what spoiled is. Many of my friends are spoiled. I work too, keep myself busy and make sure I get good grades. I'm not like one of those kids that can do anything they want and the parents will just throw cash to them. I even mow 6 acres of our lawn each week, trim trees, landscape, and fix anything that went wrong around the house. I am pretty much in charge of my house because it's just me and my mom (I'm sort of the "man of the house"). Have been ever since my dad died when i turned 13. So I've had more responsiblities that most kids at a young age. I do a lot of what my friends would call "Bitch work" because they have it all hired-out. I actually enjoy doing the things that I do and working for myself; I guess you could say I take a sense of pride in that. I just can't stand it when someone like LS1user has a problem when a person recieves something at a young age. It's almost like saying that Baby Boomers should have a problem with me because the government gives me Social Security from my dad's death (till I turned 18 this month); they think it should happen later in life-only to them. It is just one of those things that erks me. I sure would be tee'd-off if I got a blower for a gift and told some people how excited I was about it, and they just scorn me for even having it. Put yourself in his shoes. Probably stinks when you try and jump into an elite group and they just treat you like you shouldn't even be there. Sorry if I came off wrong the first time but there was no flame intended on LS1user....just the general sterotype of the people that handle themselves the same way.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

I'm GLAD for the guy he got a blower. He's a part of the FI club, as far as I'm concerned! I sacrificed AND made some debt to get my stuff. But, if your job or your family line gets you the same thing, then so be it.

I didn't get the impression he was rubbing anything in anybody's face. He's just ECSTATIC! I would be, too!

couldn't have said it better myself
Old 05-31-2003, 10:52 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

couldn't have said it better myself
Yea, what he said.
btw...Nice gift(you lucky bastard)
Old 06-01-2003, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

he he, your just glad b/c you already have a D1. J/K.

I would be excited as hell if it were me getting a D1 for free. My parents make enough money to, they just don't believe in performance. My dad talks about it, but when you compare his youth with a 71 z28 and an old GTO judge he luaghs that a set of heads cost as much as his cars did. He pretty much bought me the z and said that was all i needed and to stay out of trouble and pass school (the college kind) . Thats why i work 2 jobs and finish school next semester, got to feed the need some how.

Anyways, congrats on the D1, just like i said before make sure and have that thing tuned right. Or your going to have a few sets of blown head gaskets and so on sitting around. Or at least i did with my friends lt1.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

lucky bastard!!! (no flames intended)

I'm 22 and have to hide my mods from dad or he'll complain that I need to move out and buy a house. I just started making enough money to go out and enjoy myself & buy "go fast parts" for the car, but I'm still in no situation to afford being out on my own let alone buy a house.... I'm also going to school which takes up more of my money.

Quick Reply: Graduated High School Look What I Got!!