Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help with magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with magnacharger

Just wanted some opinions on what the problem could be since I can't afford to pute it back on the dyno for now. It's a 02 WS6 completly stock except magnacharger kit. The car runs great until you hit boost and then it starts to cut out and bog, but it doesn't lose fuel pressure until around 4500rpm. It has been tuned but had to stop because of the Fuel pressure(but was told the tune was good as long as I didn't take it over 5krpm until I fix the FP). I have since installed a Racetronix system that gave me more pressure to begin with but still drops to almost 50psi after 4500rpm. So my ?'s are what else can I check about the fuel pressure, and what is making it run like crap as soon as I get to zero on the boost gauge(about 2500rpm)?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

what kind of plugs and what are they gapped at??
Old 08-26-2007, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Does your fuel pump have its own wiring that comes directly from the battery? Have you tried swapping out the MAF with another one yet? Any data logs during these problems?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Garrett,
now that you have the Racetronix intank pump & hotwire kit, the only way your fuel pressure would continue to drop, is if the Magnavolt is not working. This needs to be verified, I know you found that it was wired wrong initially, and think it's corrected, but we need to verify if its actually working or not. If you need help on how to verify if it's working, just let me know.

The reason that it totally hits a wall at 2500 RPM is that it is not tuned properly for boost, so as soon as you hit boost, it goes to crap. I sent you the 2 bar MAP sensor with the kit for a reason, and switching it back to stock when you got the car tuned, shouldn't have happened.

Your tuners statement that it was good as long as you don't go above 5000 RPM due to the fuel pressure drop doesn't really match what you're saying about it running like crap when you hit 2500 RPM (the point where Maggies start to make boost) So it sounds like something has changed since it left the dyno.

I think the best way to resolve this is to set up a day to take it back to the people who tuned it, and I would be happy to work with them over the phone to get this problem fixed.

Ed
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

the plugs are new factory ones which is what magna recomends. Sorry I should have mentioned its a SD tune so no MAF, and yes the pump has the hot wire kit. Thanks agian ED for all your help, I'll call you later today to bug you with more ?'s

Quick Reply: help with magnacharger