Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

EST 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EST 1/4 mile

what up guys
i got a 02 t/a and i just installed a d1sc and i wanna no if anyone can tell me what ill probably be runnin at 1/4 mile
i also got kooks long tube headers w/cats and y pipe
60 pound injectors
9 bolt moser
spec3+

i dont have drag slicks yet but i wanna see if anyone would no what i would be doing at the track w/ the slicks
Old 09-11-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well with the six speed it's going to be really up to YOU... How hard are you pushing the blower?? I'm betting you can probably get it into a low 10 once you get the launch down but honestly it's hard to say... It's all relative really...

1.How hard you push the blower (which you haven't told us)
2.Weather and elevation (makes a bigger difference than you think)
3. What kind of driver you are (one of the biggest differences with this car)
4. How the suspension is setup which will allow you to launch harder without wheelhop
5. Tune!!! (another detrimental specific that we don't know yet)

Have you had it tuned yet?? How are you going to have it tuned?? I.E. Maf, 2bar, 3 bar... also, make sure that you get the car tuned on a good dyno if you go that route but also do part throttle tuning too (not really going to matter much at the track but it's more of around town comfort)...

Lastly, we can speculate all day long and go dyno racing all day long but it really doesn't matter until it is games day and you're rowing through the gears... Are you going to be taking it to the track anytime soon?? Honestly, it's better to get a base run and go from there.. Moral of the story is that it's hard to tell until it happens.. Good luck and keep us updated...
Old 09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
Well with the six speed it's going to be really up to YOU... How hard are you pushing the blower?? I'm betting you can probably get it into a low 10 once you get the launch down but honestly it's hard to say... It's all relative really...

1.How hard you push the blower (which you haven't told us)
2.Weather and elevation (makes a bigger difference than you think)
3. What kind of driver you are (one of the biggest differences with this car)
4. How the suspension is setup which will allow you to launch harder without wheelhop
5. Tune!!! (another detrimental specific that we don't know yet)

Have you had it tuned yet?? How are you going to have it tuned?? I.E. Maf, 2bar, 3 bar... also, make sure that you get the car tuned on a good dyno if you go that route but also do part throttle tuning too (not really going to matter much at the track but it's more of around town comfort)...

Lastly, we can speculate all day long and go dyno racing all day long but it really doesn't matter until it is games day and you're rowing through the gears... Are you going to be taking it to the track anytime soon?? Honestly, it's better to get a base run and go from there.. Moral of the story is that it's hard to tell until it happens.. Good luck and keep us updated...
I agree with ya on everything except your guess of low 10s. I think your setting him up for a let down. If it was as easy as throwing on a procharger and running 10s, there would be a lot more ten second cars out there. It's possible depending on a lot of factors but realisticly I would say high 11s-low 12s. Add a heads & cam set-up, full suspension and a great tune and you can start looking for low 10s-high 9s. Weight reduction can also help a lot getting your times down.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rufretic
I agree with ya on everything except your guess of low 10s. I think your setting him up for a let down. If it was as easy as throwing on a procharger and running 10s, there would be a lot more ten second cars out there. It's possible depending on a lot of factors but realisticly I would say high 11s-low 12s. Add a heads & cam set-up, full suspension and a great tune and you can start looking for low 10s-high 9s. Weight reduction can also help a lot getting your times down.
As a Mclaren designer said, the most efficent way to make a car faster, is reduce the weight it has to push.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rufretic
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear as to what I was thinking... IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO you could possibly hit a mid to low 10.. That being said it would have to be with a dead on tune, well prepped track, and shifting like no tomorrow... BUT who knows if that's even possible... We don't even know how hard he's pushing the blower and many of his other specifics about his setup which is going to not give an idea as to what to recommend... Either way he needs to get a base run like I said and then go from there... I think weight reduction and suspension will do a lot if he hasn't done them already.. Power can only take him so far but if he's not putting it down then it's all for not..

Again, good luck and get back to us when you get a run down the strip...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Teching In

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...367c2ac686.htm

With that important wieght reduction
Old 09-11-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a good video especially since a girl is driving.. haha.. BUT it's kinda hard to compare a C5 to an F-body... The IRS doesn't act the same way as a solid axle will...

I just think that we need to figure out more about his setup, where he's at, and a variety of other things... We need to know things like what his gearing is (all we know is he has a 9 "bolt" which is most likely a 9")...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Teching In

True, but its somthin to go off of. Not sure of the mods on the t/a or vette, prolly bolt on with FI the vettes gonna make a little more power along with a lighter wieght. the t/a might get outa the hole better but the differences kinda seem to cancel themselves.

About the girly driver i think that was him recording his mother givin it a try lol
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

That vett vid would be about what I would expect but it isn't even an educated guess without knowing more about the set-up, it's just a guess. The op needs to give us all the details if he wants a better idea or even better, just go run it and find out.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

high 11's

Quick Reply: EST 1/4 mile