Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger P1SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger P1SC

I'm looking and planning on buying a Procharger P1SC from another member here. It is currently setup with 7psi. I read on EPP's website that if you have headers and a free flowing exhaust to tell them because they'll give you a different pulley to make sure it still has 7psi.
My question is I have LT headers, ORY, and the GMMG catback. I'm also going to be buying EPP's FMIC, how much boost will this actually end up making and can you buy different pulley's for the P1SC since it's the base model.

Just for the record I have no plans of going over 7psi at a later date so the P1SC will work just fine for me in that sense.

Thank You,
Chad
Old 09-26-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Yes you can buy diff size pulleys for the P-1SC; the pulleys will vary the speed at which the blower will spend and thus produce boost. The faster the blower spins it should create more boost; the slower it spins the less boost it will make. However, if you make your engine more efficient, then the less boost you could make because of the less restriction you are creating. Heads,cam,headers,or free flowing exhaust could cause you to make less boost than if you put your system on a stock car.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 95zpro
Yes you can buy diff size pulleys for the P-1SC; the pulleys will vary the speed at which the blower will spend and thus produce boost. The faster the blower spins it should create more boost; the slower it spins the less boost it will make.
Thank you, I understood how the pulley's worked I just wasn't sure if they made other ones for the P1SC since it's considered the base model.

Originally Posted by 95zpro
However, if you make your engine more efficient, then the less boost you could make because of the less restriction you are creating
Like I said in my original post that is exactly why I was wondering is because I knew the psi was going to drop with what I have already in terms of the exhaust and with what I'm adding in terms of the FMIC.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

I was looking on EPP's website and couldn't find the different pulley's for the P1SC. If someone else see's them there or on another site can you please put a link up for me?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI the P1SC is not the base model. I ran a 3.4 pulley with full exhaust and I got 10 psi. 10 psi was enough to put me over the 500 rwhp mark. I ran a 3.7 for a while and that gave me 7 to 8 psi of boost. The 3.7 had me right at the 500 rwhp mark. Most people will not run anything smaller than a 3.4 pulley due to belt slip.

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
FYI the P1SC is not the base model. I ran a 3.4 pulley with full exhaust and I got 10 psi. 10 psi was enough to put me over the 500 rwhp mark. I ran a 3.7 for a while and that gave me 7 to 8 psi of boost. The 3.7 had me right at the 500 rwhp mark. Most people will not run anything smaller than a 3.4 pulley due to belt slip.

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml
Awesome, thank you so much for that information! That is exactly what I was looking for.

I was on EPP's website and they do have a conversion to the 8 rib setup so you wouldn't have to worry about it slipping if you needed it.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

One last question, is the P1SC loud? Like at idle does it make a high pitched whine or is it quiet?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

On my last post: The boost/pulley sizes numbers are with the SDCE set up which has a 7.25 crank pulley. The numbers will be different using the Procharger 8 rib set up which has a 7.65 crank pulley. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The P1SC gives a whistle at idle. Enough for people to ask you if your car is turbo. But the loud street sweeper/jet sound will come from the Mondo BPV. That BPV is louder than the P1SC.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
On my last post: The boost/pulley sizes numbers are with the SDCE set up which has a 7.25 crank pulley. The numbers will be different using the Procharger 8 rib set up which has a 7.65 crank pulley. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The P1SC gives a whistle at idle. Enough for people to ask you if your car is turbo. But the loud street sweeper/jet sound will come from the Mondo BPV. That BPV is louder than the P1SC.
You are the man!! Again thank you for all your help.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

I think the EPP 8rib upgrade is only pulleys & belt.

You may still get blower rattle & bracket flex even with 8 rib pullies. This is another reason why everyone gets the sdce kit.
It all depends what you want out of the kit. High boost #s spend the money on ati balancer, pin kit, sdce tensioner kit, dual fan kit, better air intake/k&n filter.

I just want to see 8lbs & bob recommended a 3.55 6-rib blower pulley for my setup. 4.0 pulley only shows 4-5lbs currently.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:18 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Most of your questions have already been answered. Just for a little more input tho, I made about 6psi with my P1SC with a 4.25/7.65 pulley combo on my bone stock engine with midlength headers that got me 489 rwhp. With the forged 347 at 9.5:1 SCR I switched to a 3.4/7.65 pulley combo and made 10~11psi and 550rwhp with the small filter the kit comes with and with the hat and filter off, it made 14psi and 632rwhp. Later I switched to a bigger filter and picked up 1.5~2psi with the filter and hat on. Keep in mind also that the numbers with my forged setup are with a cam that will also lower boost as well.

Also, if you are going to be using the 6 rib pulleys, I got a box full of different sized 6 rib pulleys I will sell you for $50. I have no need for them since I'm using the 8 rib kit now...
Old 09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll just recommend that you upgrade to the 8rib setup when you buy the kit(my customer's get it automaticly-no choice)

Use a 4" 8 rib pulley and that will put you around your goal. No need for the SDCE setup for your car.We run 14lbs no problem with the stock Procharger setup.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I'll just recommend that you upgrade to the 8rib setup when you buy the kit(my customer's get it automaticly-no choice)

Use a 4" 8 rib pulley and that will put you around your goal. No need for the SDCE setup for your car.We run 14lbs no problem with the stock Procharger setup.

I agree 100% He knows what he is talking about.

Clayton from Las Vegas

Quick Reply: Procharger P1SC