Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TurboCharger Oil System

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TurboCharger Oil System

I am planing on fabricating my own hot parts for a single turbo system for my 00 ta.
I am confised about the oil system that needs to be involved, i did a search, and could only find a few pictures.

Heres what i could come up with...
And I was thinking that kind of a system, and also i though it would be a good idea to program an on/off switch so that it stays on for 10-15 minutes after i shut the motor off so that i lessen the chances on frying my oil. Maybe a small oil cooler in there some where...

EDIT: The oil pick up will be coming from the bottom of the oil pan so that i can have oil runing through the pump and turbo 10-15min after the motor was shut off.

What do you think, any other ideas?

Last edited by Gordon0652; 09-27-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no need for an external oil pump, im not sure where the lsx guys get their feed but mine on my sbc comes from port above the oil filter- to the turbo and drans back to the oilpan ABOVE the oil level
Old 09-28-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same as lsx guys too
Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just tap the elbow above the oil filter on your car. Use a fitting and attatch a stainless steel line to it, run that line to the top of the turbo. The oil then drains back into the oil pan/timing cover, etc. If your turbo sits too low to gravity drain, you need an oil pump to pump the oil back into the motor.

there's really no need to cycle the oil for that long after you cut the car off. The only reason you would need to let the turbo cool down is if you just made a pass or two and pulled over a few seconds later and shut the car off. Just cruise for a minute at speed or let the car idle for 2 minutes after a pass...
Old 09-29-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Resident

Cool

Originally Posted by WestSide
Just tap the elbow above the oil filter on your car. Use a fitting and attatch a stainless steel line to it, run that line to the top of the turbo. The oil then drains back into the oil pan/timing cover, etc. If your turbo sits too low to gravity drain, you need an oil pump to pump the oil back into the motor.

there's really no need to cycle the oil for that long after you cut the car off. The only reason you would need to let the turbo cool down is if you just made a pass or two and pulled over a few seconds later and shut the car off. Just cruise for a minute at speed or let the car idle for 2 minutes after a pass...

he is right-

no need for a oil pump and oil cooler-too much **** to go through-
nice and simple is the way-

also doing it your way will cost a bit more then needed-
Old 09-29-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, thank you very much for the info! I just didnt want to kill my turbo. Once Again, Thank you!

Quick Reply: TurboCharger Oil System