Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1SC and Boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1SC and Boost

At what RPM(around) does the P1SC start to build boost and at what RPM(around) does the P1SC come to full boost?

Sorry I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I like to know as much as possible before I go through with this purchase to make sure it's really for me.

Thanks,
Chad
Old 09-29-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not know the rpms but I do know that when in boost things move rather quickly.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

At what RPM the boost comes on depends on your setup - mine comes on instantly off throttle.

Although boost at RPM is depent on TPS and how you have your bypass valve set, (i.e. you can be travelling at 4k RPM cruise at 0 psi boost or making 10psi at 4K WOT) - in a mostly stock car I would think you can expect a P1 to start making WOT boost around 3-4k RPM - which as stated previously comes very quickly and will move you through the gears a lot more quickly. "Technically" a P1 will make more boost the higher you spin it until it's moving so much air that it runs out of its efficiency range (which you won't reach on a stock-ish car), but I would think you'd reach full boost pretty quickly even on a bone stock fbody.

Hope that helps. I definately recommend the P1SC setup even for a DD car.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 09-29-2007, 09:54 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Just upgrade to the D1 when purchasing it new. You will thank yourself later!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

^
|

+1, forgot to add that. If you even think you might possibly ever want more boost, just buy it now as a D1 it's expensive to swap later.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Just upgrade to the D1 when purchasing it new. You will thank yourself later!
No I've already made up my mind and the D1 is more than I will ever need. I will never run more than 10psi at the very most and I can never see going past 7psi. I don't race the car, I just want something that's more fun to drive around in.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that I really don't care about a certian 1/4 mile time or a certian HP. I simply want a car that is a blast to drive.
The guy I was going to buy the Procharger from just sold it out from under me even though we had already planned when I was going to come down to pick it up from him. I was even paying cash so I didn't see the big deal.
Anyways I'm just so pissed about that I might just keep my cammed/nitrous setup for a little while longer.

Last edited by ProjectCamaro; 09-29-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad30th
At what RPM the boost comes on depends on your setup - mine comes on instantly off throttle.

Although boost at RPM is depent on TPS and how you have your bypass valve set, (i.e. you can be travelling at 4k RPM cruise at 0 psi boost or making 10psi at 4K WOT) - in a mostly stock car I would think you can expect a P1 to start making WOT boost around 3-4k RPM - which as stated previously comes very quickly and will move you through the gears a lot more quickly. "Technically" a P1 will make more boost the higher you spin it until it's moving so much air that it runs out of its efficiency range (which you won't reach on a stock-ish car), but I would think you'd reach full boost pretty quickly even on a bone stock fbody.

Hope that helps. I definately recommend the P1SC setup even for a DD car.

Rob (Bad30th)
Thank you
Old 09-30-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Second Club

Call Bob @ EPP he can sell you a P1SC very cheap and trust me you will love it
Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
Call Bob @ EPP he can sell you a P1SC very cheap and trust me you will love it
Already have called him for a quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
No I've already made up my mind and the D1 is more than I will ever need. I will never run more than 10psi at the very most and I can never see going past 7psi. I don't race the car, I just want something that's more fun to drive around in...
I said that EXACT same thing when I got my P1 I'm sure I could do a search on here and find me saying that! Go ahead and don't listen to me now, but trust me- you are backing yourself into a corner. I know from experience. Don't get me wrong- you will definitely have a fun car with the P1. And if you can restrain yourself from wanting more after you have had the P1 for a while you are a far better man than I ...or for that matter probably anyone else on this site
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

The P1 may not get much respect from High HP guys.....but this little guy can push some air. I am getting a tad over 13PSI on my 408 through the lil ole P1! The impellar speed is maxed out at 6500 engine rpm, but considering my CI I was pleasantly surprised to hit that boost number.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by b727pic
The P1 may not get much respect from High HP guys.....but this little guy can push some air. I am getting a tad over 13PSI on my 408 through the lil ole P1! The impellar speed is maxed out at 6500 engine rpm, but considering my CI I was pleasantly surprised to hit that boost number.
You are right- the P1 can definitely flow some respectable CFM's. I just thought it was funny to see "ATI P1SC-1...soon to be F1C" in your sig. You are in the same boat I am in upgrading from the P to F series
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

You are right- the P1 can definitely flow some respectable CFM's. I just thought it was funny to see "ATI P1SC-1...soon to be F1C" in your sig. You are in the same boat I am in upgrading from the P to F series
Yep same boat...lol

I bought the F1C during my 408 build, I was somewhat convinced based on the numbers I was getting with the 347 I would not push much more than 8-9 PSI. The biggest gain was from the custom 8" crank pulley I had ASP build for me....made a huge difference.

I am now in a bit of a quandry, already at 13 psi with the P1, the F1C is going to put me well past my 2bar tune. I really want the different gearing and quicker boost of the F1c, not so sure I need 20 PSI on a DD.....but I guess more is always better, just depends on how you use it...Lol
Old 10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

I said that EXACT same thing when I got my P1 I'm sure I could do a search on here and find me saying that! Go ahead and don't listen to me now, but trust me- you are backing yourself into a corner. I know from experience. Don't get me wrong- you will definitely have a fun car with the P1. And if you can restrain yourself from wanting more after you have had the P1 for a while you are a far better man than I ...or for that matter probably anyone else on this site
Well I know I can stay with the P1 because like I said I don't race the car at the track or on the street and I really don't care what the dyno says. It's all just for a fun car and the P1 will definitly suit me just fine. I know for most people it's like a drug and they have to upgrade because they get to use to the current power level.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by b727pic
wow i did not think thr P1SC would work well with a 408!!!! what CR are you running??? you might have just changed my lill mind!!!!

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
Well I know I can stay with the P1 because like I said I don't race the car at the track or on the street and I really don't care what the dyno says. It's all just for a fun car and the P1 will definitly suit me just fine. I know for most people it's like a drug and they have to upgrade because they get to use to the current power level.
i love the p1sc and if you can make your self not compeat with the guys on here you will be great!!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
wow i did not think thr P1SC would work well with a 408!!!! what CR are you running??? you might have just changed my lill mind!!!!
My SCR is 9.35:1

Just got off the Dyno the other day, had an Alky system failure which drove my inlet temps to 151* the net effect was I only had 7.5* timing ....even so the motor made 612HP@5900 RPM, and 650TQ @ 4900. When all is squared away I believe there is another 50HP in there somewhere.....
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Second Club

sweet!!!!! i think i might have an idea!!!

Quick Reply: P1SC and Boost