Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that blows man, but damn good numbers before she blew
Old 10-08-2007, 06:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
that blows man, but damn good numbers before she blew
LOL at teh pun.

This should be part of "The real cost of forced induction" thread.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Websy21
sorry dude that really sucks, my initial plan was to put either a STS or P1 kit on my stock LS1 but decided might as well get a built engine......why blow up a perfectly good working engine. I now ended up with a single front mount turbo system and forged 408 going into another car. Its never ending, welcome to FI I guess. Not a better hobby out there though, time to build a mean engine now, good luck
Truth is, I'm super happy on my choice of STS...look at the potential when a motor is built to withstand high-horsepower applications. This was ~740 horsepower to the flywheel.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear/see that it popped. The top end numbers look good but the graph looks like a civic dyno. Where's the low end torque? I am in the process of peicing together a rear mount, I wonder if it is that cam that's making your low end sooo bad. **** here's my stock vs Trex and I am planning on removing the trex and going back to stock with the turbo. I figured the stock cam will make up for lag with the low end and hopefully will keep breathing at the top. I lost quite a bit of low end with the trex and it looks like your a tad lower than that.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksi
Sorry to hear/see that it popped. The top end numbers look good but the graph looks like a civic dyno. Where's the low end torque? I am in the process of peicing together a rear mount, I wonder if it is that cam that's making your low end sooo bad.
He has another issue that he needs to sort out. It's either a boost leak, exhaust leak or not enough heat kept in the exhaust. Could be all three though. Takes a while to get all the bugs out of a setup. Took me 3 years and a lot of to get my car to the point it's at now.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zombie
He has another issue that he needs to sort out. It's either a boost leak, exhaust leak or not enough heat kept in the exhaust. Could be all three though. Takes a while to get all the bugs out of a setup. Took me 3 years and a lot of to get my car to the point it's at now.
But even with a boost leak shouldn't the low end be higher? As long as the MAF sees the air I would think it would be like running with out the turbo. It would have been nice to see an A/F on that dyno, that would have told a little bit. But I guess if they were pulling a bunch of timing also that could hose things up?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zombie
Indeed. I think there was a lot going on. We're going to use t-bolt clamps on the pressure side this time. I definitely suspect a boost leak, and from what it appears, the "composite" LS6 intake was warping and lifting, which under the heavier boost (if 8psi can be considered heavier) of the last couple passes, most likely set off the chain of events that claimed the life of my motor. Also, the exhaust was wrapped only from where the exhaust is single-pipe. I will wrap from the manifolds back this time. I am also using a sheetmetal intake, and will have more displacement, better suited for such a large turbo. I think we'll degree the cam a little differently this time also.

We also found the methanol injection was not working prior to the runs, as the IAT's did not drop appropriately when it was "supposed" to kick in at 4psi.

I am excited about the new build. It will be VERY stout.

Quick Reply: Stock shortblock - 0, T76GTS - 1