Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New S88 lasted 10 miles [Pics]

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the shippers responcibility to make the claim not the receiver. Atleast thats been my experience. I ve had to make a claim before, and as the shipper I had to go make the claim, then they contacted the receiver, then inspected the box/ contents for damage, then I was reinbursed.....The receiver should/could stop payment (dispute charges) to expidite the shipper making the claim since they will be the ones getting paid not the receiver.

When you ship something , you purchase the insurance as the shipper so you have to make the claim.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Banned

Also if the shipping companies denies the claim, that means it is the shippers fault it was damaged from lack of adequate packaging...

No shipper is covered from negligence....

I ordered a S91 from FI this week. If it isnt here before Oct 26th, im cancelling and credit card disputing the purchase if they dont refund it
Old 10-05-2007, 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Chris, Jose and company will take care of you. They are out, but I will check and see what can be done. Also if I remember they told you specifically they don't use Fed-ex anymore due to their lack of taking care of packages. You wanted to use your fed-ex account to ship on, so please don't blame us if Fedex decides to use the packages for football games, this is out of our control. This is the MAIN reason why we no longer use Fedex or DHL. They also do not honor their claims as well. UPS isn't the best, but its the lesser of evils and we ship MANY of these units out every week and never have a single complaint. Also your housing took longer to get back the first time due to the coaters we use. His schedule was backed up and that means we backup. As for using the same housings, it was only the coating and PDC that were scraped off so reason to scrap the covers for that.

Also Jose repaired the turbo after Fed ex screwed it up, and that is not a warranty problem if you look at it in the turbos warranty aspect. But he did it for free, no questions asked. I'm sure he will help you out again as this is under the warranty scope......he wanted to see your car running as well since he liked the single turboed C5 idea.
I think the bottom line is that companies need to stop making claims that they can not keep. The people you outsource your work to should be considered when you're giving someone a time table. this has been a huge problem that I've noticed on these and other car related boards. Why you guys think you can pull some number out of your *** and tell us it'll be here by then is beyond me, but brushing that off onto the companies you do buisness with is a load of bullshit. Dont make promises you cant keep.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

I think my comment yesterday was too easy.

Honestly if that's how that turbo was packaged, in plastic with some peanuts, I would never buy a turbo from them. My GT47-88 was indeed shipped in a box, that was in a larger box, with padding in between.

I've bought rearend parts used, and when they were packaged like that, they beat up the box pretty bad and the box was falling apart. My GT47-88 is 65 lbs so it starts to stress the box pretty fast.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I recently bought a used T-Netics 101mm and the guy sent it in the original box that he just got his new T-Netics turbo in.. It was a box in a box with lots of padding. The outside box had a few gouges in it but the inside box was like new.. And this was a used setup..If he would have shipped it in a box like that i would want my $$ back.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

CrazyChris,
Sorry to hear about the issues. We were anxious to hear how it turned out after talking to you and the rest of the guys from 417 at the last Springfield show. It sounded then that you were so close to having it finished and on the road. Keep at it you're almost there. I forgot how great that car looks, awesome work. On a side note we are making some last minute changes to the white C5 in hopes to take the title at SEMA at the end of the month.

Anyone notice the valve cover's are on opposite sides?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys obviously dont know how Fedex works. They like to open the box, empty out all the packaging, leave the 2k$ turbo, and seal the box back up
Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by No Juice
CrazyChris,
Sorry to hear about the issues. We were anxious to hear how it turned out after talking to you and the rest of the guys from 417 at the last Springfield show. It sounded then that you were so close to having it finished and on the road. Keep at it you're almost there. I forgot how great that car looks, awesome work. On a side note we are making some last minute changes to the white C5 in hopes to take the title at SEMA at the end of the month.

Anyone notice the valve cover's are on opposite sides?
There were a few electrical gremlins that prevented me from bringing it to the show that all have been fixed. Then this happens! Thanks for the complements. I was impressed with the white C5. Good luck at SEMA. Have you been able to work out any of the belt and pulley issues?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

my PT-88 was packaged ALOT better than that. There is no excuse for that other than being cheap or careless. Im not impressed with FI.com yet.

Good luck finishing it chris, hope you make memphis
Old 10-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

Its kinda funny to me that PM's have been sent but not replied to, even though the person reviewing them is and has been online.....

So even though FI is closed an employee is online. How hard is it for them to contact someone in charge that can make a call to address this issue. After all you would think they will want a car at memphis sporting there custom units.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry about the turbo but that is a clean vette.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Sorry to here about your issues. I have to say my turbos were shipped when promised and the packing was double boxed? From forced inductions. I'm sure you'll get it worked out.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I shipped my ST80 to them to be re-evaluated before I ran it....and it came back in 3 boxes with plenty of padding. Took about two weeks round trip.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Get anything worked out with the turbo? Car going to make it to memphis?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Sucks on the turbo, but gorgeous car! Do you have any under side pics? Is it a crossover system, or just off the passenger manifold?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned

yes its a cross over setup around the front, not sure if he has any under side pix yet.

Blake
Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too had problems with FI... Took over a month to get my wastegate. A little silly if you ask me, it was always "it's been shipped" or "it's being shipped today" crap. Jose is knowledgable, but needs to hire some people to inventory and ship stuff correctly packaged and on time... being out x amount of dollars for a month just to have it beat is ridiculous. BTW - Fed ex is a freaking joke. We have a TON of stuff shipped to us, and from us via fed ex since we have a commercial account and they are CONSTANTLY beating the hell out of everything. We have to double box and pad everything with so much padding it nearly doubles the shipping weight! Anyway, hope they get you taken care of, and sweet look car btw.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

The Good: Jose has sent me a PM saying the unit is covered under warranty.

The Bad: Still waiting to hear back from him on the rebuild parts being in stock. The window before Memphis is closing.

Expect another thread with build pics.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is the ONE thing you have to be very leary about with custom turbos...who else has the parts? What if they were to fold etc........
Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Have not heard back from Jose since Sunday through PM. He stated wanting to help and get the unit fixed before the weekend, but no communication what so ever. I'm still bringing the car to Memphis for the show, but there will be no racing. Yet another horrible experience with Forced Inductions. Hopefully they will still honor their warranty and I'll have it back before the 2nd LSX shootout.

Quick Reply: New S88 lasted 10 miles [Pics]