Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Superchargers for dummies

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redchevcam
yeah i know i say it now. lol and i know it can be tempting. like the devil in a red dress. the goal is to get there first. lol. hopefully by the time i put the charger on, i will have a second car, so i wont be driving the TA everywhere i go.
lmao i got a second car b4 i put my charger on. 750 bucks for a beatup old honda with 93k on it. Looks like **** but runs great. Dosent realy matter because i have a work truck.

anyways,

One thing i wish somone told me b4 i put my new crank pulley Back on... YOU HAVE TO PIN THE CRANK!!!!!!!!!!..... Doesnt matter what crank pulley you use YOU HAVE TO PIN IT.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like i should start looking for a new old car
Old 10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yah, i definatly will have a second car before this endeavor. is it hard to pin the crank? when you get the kit, does it come with the crank pulley or do i need to get one on my own?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pining the crank is easy. Pulling the crank pulley on and off is a pain in the ***. You have to buy the crank pining kits. they are both like 120 bucks. one for the ATI dampner and one for the stock Dampner. Im selling one for the ATI dampner for 50 bucks plus shipping. The kits come with 2 uses. I only used it once.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/798091-rear-ebony-seats-ati-crank-pin-kit.html

Quick Reply: Superchargers for dummies