Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Magnuson Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Magnuson Superchargers

As with many of you I’ve been very anxiously waiting to find a PD blower kit that would fit WELL on an F-Body. Thanks to Late Model Speed we now have options to a demand that has been far over due. For a lot of us on the fence the biggest thing holding use back is the Maximum Potential of MP 112 supplied in the base kit. However, with the addition of the MP 122 starting to become available, I’m sure that it won’t be long before those are more common under our hoods.

I wanted to find some feed back from anyone else that may have already tried this on an LS1 / LS2. I’ve seen 402’s with the MP 122 cranking out in excess of 700 fwhp. While doing some research on the MP 122 I came across the NEW 6th gen MP 1900 and MP 2300. They have a new ROOTS 4 lob HIGE HELIX design and are said to be about 76% efficient. If that is the case, some people are comparing their power potential to twin screws with similar displacement. I’ve also heard a few crack pots compare them to some of the ProChargers. Although, I have a tough time believing that. This is some of the information that I have been able gather on the new 6th gen Magnusons.

This is the Magnuson catalog in PDF form. All the information for the superchargers is between pages 32-35.
http://www.magnacharger.com/pdf/catalog.pdf

This is a video of Bob Rosé talking about the new 6th gen Magnusons.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...9e00cf964e.htm

Anyone out there with anymore information or imput would be great.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Ford offers the 2.3L version as an upgrade for the GT500 in their Ford Racing catalog. It is also the same blower Shelby is using on the Super Snake supposedly. According to Eaton it is better than the 2.3l Lysholm unit (Whipple twinscrew blower) and more efficient. I believe they are taller than the standard eatons though so fitting under the F-body cowl is prob not going to happen. I know they had probs orig fitting the MP122 under a GTO hood so the new ones prob wont fit either.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

That's interesting, I think the current Shelby's aswell as some of the Cadilac SUV's are using the 122, but I didn't know that Eaton had anything bigger than that on the table right now.