Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger Help

Ok well Ive been buying up parts left and right this past month...Im trying to figure out what else I need.

The pictures below are what I have so far....Im kinda confused about the whole J bracket and pulley setup. Im going with the factory 6-rib setup but do I need a crank pulley too? They guy who Im buying it from said I would be getting "J bracket with mounting stand offs, 6 rib pulleys, and a belt"

Trying to figure out EVERYTHING else I need besides radiator support, injectors, fuel pump, and fan setup. What am I missing?

Still piecing the rest of the kit together....Need all the other parts for the kit...PM me if you have any for sale!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 03:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that all you have with the kit so far?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:28 AM
10 Second Club

it looks good i wish mike was polished
Old 10-21-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also have the radiator support, but thats it.

What else do I need?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1043

ProCharger installation instructions. - The instructions should help you out. Bob
Old 10-21-2007, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Yea, you need a crank pulley. I didn't see an inlet hat and filter either. I'm running 10#'s on the 6-rib....you just have to keep the belt tight. I will try to take some pics of my setup so you can see the j-bracket and all the pulleys if you want
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I sell the required piece parts here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=193
Bob
Old 10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also need to pin the crank pulley. I would go with the ATI harmonic balancer and talk to SDCE for a upgraded Pulley system. AIT pulley goes for about 500 bucks and the SDCE system runs about 700 bucks you cant go wrong. You need alot of stuff. Also relocation brackets if you want to keep things like, cruise control,AC, horns, AiR pump, and stuff like that. I just removed all mine lol
Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey i bought my car off a guy named Jeff in lees summit. cool. small world.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Yea, you need a crank pulley. I didn't see an inlet hat and filter either. I'm running 10#'s on the 6-rib....you just have to keep the belt tight. I will try to take some pics of my setup so you can see the j-bracket and all the pulleys if you want
Yeah if you could get some pics that would be great!! Also I was wondering about the inlet for the filter, I really dont like the stock plastic one the the rubber flex hose. I would think that has to be a bit restrictive and wouldnt flow as nice as a solid metal pipe or hose would. Are there any alternatives to that setup?

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1043

ProCharger installation instructions. - The instructions should help you out. Bob
Thanks!!! Yeah that will DEFINITELY help out ALOT!!! I took a look at your site and saw all the parts, Im just a little confused on what I need to buy. LoL I dont want to sound dumb or anything but I really didnt know what some of the parts were. If I saw a pic or something it would be no problem.

Originally Posted by BigBenz
Also need to pin the crank pulley. I would go with the ATI harmonic balancer and talk to SDCE for a upgraded Pulley system. AIT pulley goes for about 500 bucks and the SDCE system runs about 700 bucks you cant go wrong. You need alot of stuff. Also relocation brackets if you want to keep things like, cruise control,AC, horns, AiR pump, and stuff like that. I just removed all mine lol
I really dont think I need to get the SDCE setup...for my goals I think I will be fine. Yeah I plan on ditching the Air Pump for sure but I want to keep the A/C, cruise control, and horn. Im sure I can jimmy rig something up for those tho. To pin the crank I have to have an aftermarket harmonic balancer right? Do I need to pin the crank with a 6-rib set up?

LoL thats cool! Whats the guys last name? I probably know him .
Old 10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

jeff bowers i belive.

and even with the stock balancer you have to pin the crank. I dont think you need to relocate the AC i just took mine out. And i think SDCE is a must. You will buy it sooner or later. You want to stop the crank pulley from spinning on the crank.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is the SDCE kit. You would save alot of time and money just buying the kit and not having to worry about it again.

http://www.sd-concepts.com/cart/inde...products_id=19

Also if you get this kit you will never have to worry about intake hats or upgrading plus you can sell your twin intercoller kit for like 300-400 bucks.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=772

This is the best balancer you can get.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=456

You will need some of this
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=688

Heres the pin kit for the ATI balancer
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=458

Your going to also need a newclutch if m6

And your going to need one of these
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=756

Also your going to need a PVC check valve so that you dont boost your crank case.

You can call ATI for J bracket pricing. Or bob can prolly get one for cheaper. I always used bob best prices around and he price matches.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Launching!

I dont have a pinned crank,running 9 psi and no belt slip on 6 rib
Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lucky. i spun the crank on my first test run.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to see it all coming together

I'd get the SDCE set up it WILL save you a ton of hassle.

J
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The thing about belt slip is that you dont know untill your on the dyno. By then its too late. Your going to have to come back. And tuners and dyno time aint free. You want a good tune. I payed 500 for mine and thats a deal for 1h on a dyno and a good tune. Ill have to go back its going to cost me 200 more bucks. and a spun my clutch the first run. SDCE will help you alot. So much of a pain FI can be sometimes. just get the SDCE and FMIC. I wish i would have.

PS your gonna want to pin the crank. If you spin your crank real good you will be pulling the motor. And for 120 bucks its not a bad deal.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I have been shopping around for really good deals. The piping, intercoolers, headers, a ory are used but the procharger and gauges are brand new. Anything that has any mechanics to it Im buying new.

Also on my cooling pipes it looks like the previous owner added an extra by pass valve tp the passenger side pipes...this isnt a bad thing is it?

What happens if you spin the crank?

I have a breather filter. I have on my air pump right now so that will work for my crankcase. I plan on using the twin intercoolers. I want the stealty look and dont want to cut up my bumper or get rid of my front, on TA's they look weird without the cover. According to bob they will be fine for my 500rwhp goal. Is that the same Balancer I would use if using the 6-rib setup? I think I need the one for AC too. Im good on oil. Already bough that.

hmmm what else?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Duel BPV's are a good thing. Makes the car easyer to tune.

The vent you have for the air pump wont work i had one and tryed it. It wont work. The one from EPP is alot bigger and it fits great.

you can stay with the stock balancer. but you need to get a pin kit for it. Call bob at EPP. pining the crank is a MUST.

what kind of procharger is it? P1sc D1sc? on a stock bottom end you dont want to run more then 8psi.

The J bracket is what the supercharger is held in place with. You can buy a pulley that bolts on to your stock crank pulley from bob or www.procharger.com ( call them)

if you want 500rwhp your gonna need SDCE kit. Maybe a cam. Its not hard to hit 500rwhp with a procharger but its best to keep the boost low on a stock motor.

You see my numbers. That was with a slipping belt and a burnt clutch. and it was with 7lbs of boost.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Im planning on running the lowest boost setting.

Its a P1SC, yeah I mean Ill take w/e hp numbers I dont care about numbers all that much its just a goal.

So what happens when you spin the crank like you said above?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you spin the crank and dont catch it with in about 5 miles you will destroy your harmonic balancer. If you get real unlucky you will mess up your motor.

Quick Reply: Procharger Help