Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dynoed with the F1 today... few problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Good point kp. Its just a number anyways huh I don't even take my car to the track that much at all anyways. It is on the street 99.5% of the time with street tires. Guess there is no point getting greedy.
Its all just numbers and no matter what someone will always have something faster, bigger or shinier. Always better to start out slow and move up in steps if you have enough blower to hurt something. Being in a hurry usually = blowed up
Old 11-02-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
Its all just numbers and no matter what someone will always have something faster, bigger or shinier. Always better to start out slow and move up in steps if you have enough blower to hurt something. Being in a hurry usually = blowed up

Well Said!!

Glad to see you got your prob. figured out ChevyChad.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Well, I still haven't swapped out the head gaskets to verify that was the deal, but I can't imagine what else it could have been. I'm pretty sure it was. Seems the fuel system should be good for my power level assuming it is working properly that is.

I'm almost tempted to just go for a couple blasts down the highway right now while still on the old gaskets just to make sure the fuel issue is fixed before I put the new gaskets on. I'd hate to do the swap only to turn around and blow another set. I just don't want to hurt anything else while trying tho...
Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck man... looks like we're in similar boats... i'll be very interested in what your final tune consists of (timing vs. boost)... Myself, i think we're going to shoot for 11.5A/F at the max with 13* of timing and about 14psi, WITH METH... And i am going to take the suggestion of a couple people to use the meth only as a safety factor, not a power adder... GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Chad, sorry about the luck with the head gaskets. Good to meet you though. I was mad that I couldn't hang around any longer than the first pull, but I had to jet. Car sounded mean as hell. Can't wait until you get it all ironed out and see what it does.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:29 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

You too man. Yep, I'll have it back up and ready to dyno again as soon as I get a chance! I'm HOPING to be able to get to installing the new gaskets this weekend, but I'll just have to see how everything pans out. Always seems something comes up
Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

Next time you're heading this way, shoot me a PM. I'd like to be there and see what it will really do.