Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1SC + 385 ci LT4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obvious non-official answer: You could always remove the lighting assembly from the foglights. That would be the easiest way to increase it.. Other than that, we'll just wait for Bob
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Houdini
Bob, thanks for the info... but that really didn't answer the questions we had asked.

We (those of us with LT1 Trans Am noses) would like to know if your FMIC has ever been applied to our style of front end?

If so, how is the efficiency of your FMIC affected by the LT1 T/A nose (if at all)?

Can anything be done to increase it's efficiency with the LT1 T/A nose... aside from cutting a gapping hole in the front?

Again... This is for a LT1 Trans Am nose.

I mean absolutly zero disrespect with my line of questioning... just want to know if your product is an option for our cars. I really want it to be an option, as I've narrowed down my future forced induction plans to a F1A + FMIC from you, or just sending the whole damn car to SPEED INC for a custom turbo setup.

Believe me, my wallet wants your option to be #1... and I'm inclined to agree with it. But I want results and my money will go where I can get them.

GrnDragon - Been following your car for a while... your T/A is mint!
I just got mine on last month and only about 100 miles so far and no way to compare IAT's from where they were with the twin intercoolers I had, but it definately picked up some power. Here's how mine looks with the bumper on. Sorry I don't have any real proof as of yet but hopefully this helps a little

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm... I wonder if the fog light holes will provide enough air to cool the FMIC. There is more FMIC showing through the hole than I expected.

Very interested in the results!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Why not run the FMIC horizontally? Theres a guy on here with a twin turbo LS1 trans am doing that with good results. Something to look into for better cooling..

Quick Reply: P1SC + 385 ci LT4 Question