Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wanted advice on potential vortech buy *Pic*

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69firebird
odd hes doesnt seem to have any responce
I don't stay on the computer all day and night....
Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
First off, its the V-9 series for the LS1.. They don't make an S trim kit for the LS1 f body, only on the Vette and the GTO because of the way its mounted. It won't work on an F body because of the rotation of the blower.
I was wrong and you were right, it's not the first time or the last....you>me...
Old 11-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Just cause you posted a response to me I will go back to my original statement you my friend are an IDIOT! I don't care if you best fiends sisters friend knows someone who has and S trim on a car if it isn't an LS1 don't talk about or give advice on stuff you obviously know very little about! And If you are one of those guys who just reads **** all the time and decided you were an expert think again. You need to go back and re-evaluate your knowledge of this subject. And with that said I am not trying to make you look stupid you already did that yourself sorry. Let me know if you need some help on FI. I may not know everything, but obviously more than you.

congrats you owned me on the vortechs, I will now post a picture of you to worship...anytime someone ask any question about f.i. I will ask you before I respond....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Launching!

p.s. sorry to ***** your tread, buy it if you like it seems it will do fine...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm..this post turned out interesting.

The middle of the post obviously got heated and everyone was talking trash, but the first post Red Beast gave didn't merit being called an idiot.

Red Beast has a point, the blower is small and doesn't leave a lot of room to grow into (depending on your power goals). However Inspector 12 is right in that they are capable of making power. I remember when MMS made 604rwhp with a H/C/G-trim years ago. But I do feel that is close to the limit of the blower and a few on this site have grenaded them spinning them high enough to make these numbers.

For the person asking about the blower, I doubt the holes would affect much in regards to the blower itself. All you should have to do is figure out what size hole it is and screw in a threaded plug to cap it off.

You could also try to call Vortech and ask them as well.

Good luck bro!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:01 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W8N2SQZ
Hmm..this post turned out interesting.

The middle of the post obviously got heated and everyone was talking trash, but the first post Red Beast gave didn't merit being called an idiot.

Red Beast has a point, the blower is small and doesn't leave a lot of room to grow into (depending on your power goals). However Inspector 12 is right in that they are capable of making power. I remember when MMS made 604rwhp with a H/C/G-trim years ago. But I do feel that is close to the limit of the blower and a few on this site have grenaded them spinning them high enough to make these numbers.

For the person asking about the blower, I doubt the holes would affect much in regards to the blower itself. All you should have to do is figure out what size hole it is and screw in a threaded plug to cap it off.

You could also try to call Vortech and ask them as well.

Good luck bro!
Maybe calling someone an idiot was a little harsh SORRY Red Beast, I meant it in a friendly way,but it is hard to see that on the net. And I agree that the blower is close to its limits and I wasn't over spinning mine though so longevity was not an issue. The guy in Florida made 628rwhp and that is the highest I have herd of out a G-trim, but with everyone and the mother making 6,7,and 800 hp I guess the 500rwhp might seem small, but I don't think so.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

back on topic here.that super charger is a good buy for the money.grab it, you will be happy
Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Maybe calling someone an idiot was a little harsh SORRY Red Beast, I meant it in a friendly way,but it is hard to see that on the net. And I agree that the blower is close to its limits and I wasn't over spinning mine though so longevity was not an issue. The guy in Florida made 628rwhp and that is the highest I have herd of out a G-trim, but with everyone and the mother making 6,7,and 800 hp I guess the 500rwhp might seem small, but I don't think so.

it's all cool, I'm really laid back and I have been called worst on the internet, I had good intentions just bad information...I'm so use to the s, t, r ysi, x trims that I had to look up the g trims and the first that came up was the sport compact one...I guess I should have searched better,(like typing in lsx)....happy thanksgiving everyone...
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by red beast
I was wrong and you were right, it's not the first time or the last....you>me...

nahh you got the high hp turbo car, I have nothing but useless (or useful sometimes) knowledge now.

Can we all have a group hug now?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Launching!

absolutely.....
Old 11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

nahh you got the high hp turbo car, I have nothing but useless (or useful sometimes) knowledge now.

Glad you posted....I'm thinking about buying your old G trim. Was it a good working kit when you took it off?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Yes that unit is maybe a little over a year old. Are you buying the whole kit off my old car? The kit worked great no problems.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Yes that unit is maybe a little over a year old. Are you buying the whole kit off my old car? The kit worked great no problems.
Yes I'm possibly buying the whole kit, guess the owner is going Turbo. I'm still a little torn between this kit and an STS kit.
What size pulley did you run on it?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:53 AM
10 Second Club

2.75, I may have the stock size pulley laying around somewhere in my garage. You will need an inline fuel pump (trex) for that kit, (I took it off and have it) and the instruction manual. You can download it off vortech's website.

I'm not a fan of the STS kit.

Quick Reply: Wanted advice on potential vortech buy *Pic*