Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wanted advice on potential vortech buy *Pic*

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wanted advice on potential vortech buy *Pic*

Thinking about buying a Vortech G trim off the forum here. Only issue is the previous owner of the supercharger put a hole in it (by the feed) to mount a oil pressure guage. Pic below. Could this affect the blower in any way? Any ideas on how to go about fixing it?
Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 05:10 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I dont see the hole unless. All I see it that the oil feed isn't attached. Help me out by pointing it out please.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Launching!

the g-trim is a small blower for a ricer car.....1.5/2.0 liter motors, if you are going to put it on a ls/lt you are wasting your cash.....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by red beast
the g-trim is a small blower for a ricer car.....1.5/2.0 liter motors, if you are going to put it on a ls/lt you are wasting your cash.....
You are an idiot for saying that! I made 601rwhp with that little ricer G-trim and drug a lot of *** with it while running a couple of trouble free years! It is true that it is a small S/C, but very capable of making great power. Unless you are looking to make more than 600rwhp then it is a great kit.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Inspector12
OK I dont see the hole unless. All I see it that the oil feed isn't attached. Help me out by pointing it out please.
It's the drilling right in the upper middle...looks like a few holes. I don't know if it's actually the "feed" that's just what the seller called it. Here's the link with a few more pics in it. Just trying to determine if this is a decent deal and if the hole drilled in is a pricey problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post8138843
Old 11-19-2007, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

You are an idiot for saying that! I made 601rwhp with that little ricer G-trim and drug a lot of *** with it while running a couple of trouble free years! It is true that it is a small S/C, but very capable of making great power. Unless you are looking to make more than 600rwhp then it is a great kit.
600 rwhp is definitely not ricer power. lol
What were your mods when you made that?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

you should have kept to lurking in this forum. you obviously don't know jack about Vortech's.

I made 526 thru an automatic and high stall with mine and it still had a little more in it.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sworaz
It's the drilling right in the upper middle...looks like a few holes. I don't know if it's actually the "feed" that's just what the seller called it. Here's the link with a few more pics in it. Just trying to determine if this is a decent deal and if the hole drilled in is a pricey problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post8138843
Well I can't tell if they go all the way through to the oil galley. I don't think that would be hard to fix though. There are a few things missing from the kit though that I see right off the bat. If it is the intercooled version which it doesn't look like it is all the intaek and dicharge pipeing is missing I see he mentioned that, but all the powersteering resivor relocation lines and fitting are missing also. If it is intercooled obviously the intercooler resivor pump and heat exchanger are missing. Just from my point I would pass unless he has a lot more of the parts IMO you can find one in the 3k range with all the stuff needed to installing and doesn't require repair etc... When I made 601 I was running a H/C @ 9:1 setup, headers and a 12bolt with 3:73's on 93 and Meth.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Launching!

I read it off there website ********.....you could have bought a turbo off a eagle talon and made some power, it's just meant to be installed on a small motor....you should have bought at least an s-trim....
Old 11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
you should have kept to lurking in this forum. you obviously don't know jack about Vortech's.

I made 526 thru an automatic and high stall with mine and it still had a little more in it.

I went to their website.....I guess I'm the dumb one.....

Designed for use on 1.6 to 4 liter engines, the V-5 features a low-surge threshold for smaller displacement, high-revving engines. As with all other Vortech superchargers, development and testing took place in a state-of-the-art test cell (compliant to SAE Standard J-1723). This efficient compressor design requires less horsepower to drive the impeller and provides cooler discharge temperatures. These features, matched with our exclusive D-port volute, allow for more available boost throughout the operating range, especially at higher engine speeds. Vortech V-5 G-Trim Supercharger
A compact supercharger ideal for sport compact applications
Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Wow dude go back to the website and actually read it before I make you look like a dumbass..
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Wow dude go back to the website and actually read it before I make you look like a dumbass..
the guy ask the question I gave him an honest opinion, I have alot of friends with vortechs and none of them bought a g-trim, the smallest one they bought was an s....

here is all the data on their website listed on the g-trim....

Designed for use on 1.6 to 4 liter engines, the V-5 features a low-surge threshold for smaller displacement, high-revving engines. As with all other Vortech superchargers, development and testing took place in a state-of-the-art test cell (compliant to SAE Standard J-1723). This efficient compressor design requires less horsepower to drive the impeller and provides cooler discharge temperatures. These features, matched with our exclusive D-port volute, allow for more available boost throughout the operating range, especially at higher engine speeds. (Optional polished finish unit shown at left).

Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 575 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 800 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 25 PSI *
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 65,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 73% **
Available with straight discharge and clockwise or counter clockwise rotation

Last edited by red beast; 11-20-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I went to their website.....I guess I'm the dumb one.....

Designed for use on 1.6 to 4 liter engines, the V-5 features a low-surge threshold for smaller displacement, high-revving engines. As with all other Vortech superchargers, development and testing took place in a state-of-the-art test cell (compliant to SAE Standard J-1723). This efficient compressor design requires less horsepower to drive the impeller and provides cooler discharge temperatures. These features, matched with our exclusive D-port volute, allow for more available boost throughout the operating range, especially at higher engine speeds. Vortech V-5 G-Trim Supercharger
From Vortech's website "Camaro / Firebird 5.7L LS1 V-9 SQ G-Trim. Stock HP/TQ: 350/365
320/345
Vortech HP/TQ: 470/462".
He never mentioned V-5. Better check your compass so you can navigate around a website correctly next time.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

First off, its the V-9 series for the LS1.. They don't make an S trim kit for the LS1 f body, only on the Vette and the GTO because of the way its mounted. It won't work on an F body because of the rotation of the blower.

Here's a link for the LS1 Fbody kit http://vortechsuperchargers.com/prod...108&cat_key=12

Here's the link for the V-9 series G trim for the F bods. Yes it can be used for small displacement applications like import cars but it has enough for the LS1 (346 cu in) motor and can support up to a 6.0 liter. http://vortechsuperchargers.com/view...s+Supercharger

RMCR makes a after bracket and supporting hardware to mount a T trim or a YSi trim to work with the G trim kit.

* When it comes to Vortech's I know what I'm talking about
Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

First off, its the V-9 series for the LS1.. They don't make an S trim kit for the LS1 f body, only on the Vette and the GTO because of the way its mounted. It won't work on an F body because of the rotation of the blower.

Here's a link for the LS1 Fbody kit http://vortechsuperchargers.com/prod...108&cat_key=12

Here's the link for the V-9 series G trim for the F bods. Yes it can be used for small displacement applications like import cars but it has enough for the LS1 (346 cu in) motor and can support up to a 6.0 liter. http://vortechsuperchargers.com/view...s+Supercharger

RMCR makes a after bracket and supporting hardware to mount a T trim or a YSi trim to work with the G trim kit.

* When it comes to Vortech's I know what I'm talking about
Owned
Old 11-21-2007, 05:25 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

I read it off there website ********.....you could have bought a turbo off a eagle talon and made some power, it's just meant to be installed on a small motor....you should have bought at least an s-trim....
Just cause you posted a response to me I will go back to my original statement you my friend are an IDIOT! I don't care if you best fiends sisters friend knows someone who has and S trim on a car if it isn't an LS1 don't talk about or give advice on stuff you obviously know very little about! And If you are one of those guys who just reads **** all the time and decided you were an expert think again. You need to go back and re-evaluate your knowledge of this subject. And with that said I am not trying to make you look stupid you already did that yourself sorry. Let me know if you need some help on FI. I may not know everything, but obviously more than you.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Such an angry young man you are!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

odd hes doesnt seem to have any responce
Old 11-21-2007, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
Such an angry young man you are!!!

you are angrier
Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

the guy ask the question I gave him an honest opinion, I have alot of friends with vortechs and none of them bought a g-trim, the smallest one they bought was an s....

here is all the data on their website listed on the g-trim....

Designed for use on 1.6 to 4 liter engines, the V-5 features a low-surge threshold for smaller displacement, high-revving engines. As with all other Vortech superchargers, development and testing took place in a state-of-the-art test cell (compliant to SAE Standard J-1723). This efficient compressor design requires less horsepower to drive the impeller and provides cooler discharge temperatures. These features, matched with our exclusive D-port volute, allow for more available boost throughout the operating range, especially at higher engine speeds. (Optional polished finish unit shown at left).

Straight cut spur gear
Fits engines up to 575 horsepower
Maximum airflow: 800 CFM *
Maximum boost pressure: 25 PSI *
Absolute maximum impeller speed: 65,000 RPM
Adiabatic efficiency: 73% **
Available with straight discharge and clockwise or counter clockwise rotation
Im sure you already know this but you gave info for the wrong blower. Not good to post wrong info when you have such stong opinions on something you apparently know nothing about.

Quick Reply: Wanted advice on potential vortech buy *Pic*