Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

gotta ask.............

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by Quickin
You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Noone here as ever said they're gonna make 1,500 RWHP on pump gas. If you're in the bunch that thinks so you should get banned because you're a moron.

Follow along with threads or shut the hell up.

I need to wake up? I have been doing what you want to do for years now. Except A/C

You don't listen to the best advice given and talk back to the guys that are really pushing the envelope. Its a bold statement to say your builder is years ahead of anyone here... prove it. I think you're in for a major surprise/dissapointment. But hey, prove me wrong
Old 12-01-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I really took that as a joke from PSJ.

Is your setup going to be pushing the envelope?

And not to add to the drama, but would you name some of the LSx builds that he has done that puts him light years a head of everyone? What kind of power are they doing, more than 2500? are they doing 7's and 6's in the 1/4 or better in a full body car? Never heard of them so just wondering what they were doing? Surprised you don't have them cutom fab a kit for you since they have the best power, price and reliability...
Well, he's definitely YEARS ahead of the rest, maybe not light years, because when I was researching my first stroker (436ci from ARE) 6 years ago everyone was trying to hit the 500 RWHP mark. Two months after I got my 436ci from ARE and it dynoed almost 500 RWHP (I think 492, can't remember) my friend Les (Hoserack on sffba.com) had an iron 422ci built by this builder and it put down 535 RWHP A4. Les has been spraying that engine with a 300 shot for 6 years and the engine is still PERFECT today...PERFECT. He's selling the whole car and its PERFECT.....he just bought a Z06.
I wish I knew this builder was 5 miles from my house, I had no idea until after I got my 436ci.

He makes more power than every other builder with tiny cams and his own ported heads. His 416ci's are making 530 RWHP with 230ish sized cams and his head cam jobs for Z06 427ci customers are almost at 600 RWHP. Real 600 RWHP, not lies and dyno tricks like a couple builders have claimed. 30-40 more hp on everything. He's been in the same location for 30 years, lets see the other shops last that long.

And yes, most of his clients are 6 and 7 second drag cars. He's doing a 2,200 hp LSX build right now for a guy who runs 6's with a Grand National. The engine in it now was built by this guy 3 years ago and the guy is still running 6's with it. He's replacing it with the LSX.

He usually has no less then 2 C5R builds going at any time and a dozen LSx set-ups at any one time. He's getting 400 cfm from his LS7 ported heads too.

He doesn't do turbo fabbing or installs...all he does is build engines, thats it. He's in his 60's and can't do heavy labor and all up under cars and bending down in the engine bays anymore.

And people wonder why there's so many badass cars down here in South Florida, there's a few off-the-radar builders liek this. I asked him why he's not a sponsor on LS!tech.com.....he said, "what the hell is LS1tech.com " I told him and he said, "**** the internet". He doesn't have a computer, he doesn't have internet at home or work, he doesn't advertise anywhere.....He doesn't need to, word of mouth is all it takes when you've been around as long as he has with great products.

Its just the facts man.

I like it here because there's alot of smart people with great experiences, but jeez, it really sucks when someone can't spend a year asking **** and researching different possible set-ups before they drop $30,000.

Oh well.....as he says......"thats the ****** internet for ya."

Old 12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ninetres
+1 for a ban because I have seen tons of good advice ignored. Okay, maybe I am not a good critic....because I have not followed his threads. But if he has a history of spamming up the FI section with, "2,000whp A/C DD threads".....then by all means, ban away.

Now if he doesn't buy the OFI kit in the next month or so, then ban stick for sure.

EDIT---I just read his last post ~2 above mine. ****, he knows the best LSx engine builder in the universe.....what does he need us or any of the sponsors for. He's got it all figured out!
I'm not ignoring anything....I listen to it all and consider everything.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tiago
I need to wake up? I have been doing what you want to do for years now. Except A/C

You don't listen to the best advice given and talk back to the guys that are really pushing the envelope. Its a bold statement to say your builder is years ahead of anyone here... prove it. I think you're in for a major surprise/dissapointment. But hey, prove me wrong
No you aren't....noone ever said 1,500 RWHP on pump gas...noone. Well, I want and will have A/C on mine. If I listend to everyone here that told me I can't have huge power with a turbo and keep A/C I never would have learned about the OFI kit now would I. I'd be pissed off that I was pressured into buying something without A/C, but everyone here would be happy because I finally bought something, how gay

Old 12-01-2007, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Lyle/Quickin:

I am giving you a 6 month vacation from the site. That gives you enough time to get your car together. Good luck, but your attitude got old and you are borderline insulting to a lot of guys on here who have made big power like you want, and/or have run record setting ET and MPH.

So, take a deep breath, and go order those parts. If you do an OFI kit, Joel contact me once the kit ships, but until then don't bother us.

ADMIN
Old 12-01-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

pic of ls1 crowd

Old 12-01-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, W2W and the like are such **** poor engine builders, Joe bob small block builds the best motors EVAR!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

I thought it was Bobby Joe's big block
Old 12-02-2007, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't care for censorship. Nobody has to respond to his threads. I see plenty of threads that get no responses at all and quickly get buried. It's also kind of entertaining seeing everybody getting pissed off. I've been here awhile and some of the most entertaining threads ever were the Mightymouse/Rob Raymer ones.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn John,I thought these threads were jokes

Just love seeing him post for advise,get advise and then bashes the people giving it. Why the hell would he post then tell everyone he has the God of LSX builders doing his car? Why does he need us?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this post was funny. i look forward to Quicken coming back with mega power in his DD.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, Quickin threads... All classic.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its done.....

Quick Reply: gotta ask.............