Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

O2 Sensor locations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 Sensor locations?

Ive been searching on the forum for a while now and cannot find the answer to my question...

where do i need to place my o2 sensors with a single turbo setup? ive had the rear two deleted so im just running two, one from each side...
would assume to put both after the turbo but will that read correctly or would it throw off the computer?

Also, havent really searched this yet but what should i do with all my vac lines for the pcv going from the two valve covers and tb?

Btw, this is a ls6 with a ls2 intake mani and fuel rail/injectors.

thanks guys

Z
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

The front 2 need to stay before the turbo, get a wideband O2 to read after the turbo. The vac. lines should be OK just put a breather in the oil fill spot. Metco or make your own.

On the same subject; Does anyone know if their is a specific orientation for the narrow band factory sensors? On my AEM wideband it says the sensor has to be oriented 10 degrees above vertical center in the exhaust so that condesation can't collect on it. Are the factory ones the same way?
Old 12-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

Im assuming they would be the same as the widebands, it will lead to rusting eventually. Thanks for the info too!