Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got a couple questions with my STS turbo, Gt67 max boost, meth injection?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a couple questions with my STS turbo, Gt67 max boost, meth injection?

So this winter I wanted to add a couple things to the car but I also was thinking.

What is the limit in terms of PSI for a GT67 STS turbo on stock cubes? I looked at a similiar compressor map and I believe it is 15 lbs, is this close to what I have seen?

Also I am running 10 psi on my stock block, awesome tune, will meth injection help at all?

Thinking about doing a turbo cam, would this be over the limit in terms of what my car is putting out? I believe that it is maxed out on reliability and anything else will overstress something ha.

Also curious on how many people have exhaust wrap on their exhaust, I am doing this probably tomorrow and I heard the gains are incredible. Can anyone chime in?

My mods are:
STS GT67
Patriot 921 springs
LS6 cam, LQ9 Heads,
TRT FMIC
60 Lbs Injectors
10 Lbs of boost
Great tune by NicD
4L65E
yank ss3600

thanks guys
Old 12-05-2007, 05:00 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at what we did on this STS build, as it may answer a lot of your questions.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32 Bob
Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check out zombie's thread for answers to a lot of these questions. Meth will help in the case of detonation (if the FMIC isn't sufficient enough to be cooling the charge). But you already have enough fuel from the 60lb inj and at 10psi your on the edge of the stock block regardless. Meth won't necessarily make the block last any longer at 550+hp.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
Check out zombie's thread for answers to a lot of these questions. Meth will help in the case of detonation (if the FMIC isn't sufficient enough to be cooling the charge). But you already have enough fuel from the 60lb inj and at 10psi your on the edge of the stock block regardless. Meth won't necessarily make the block last any longer at 550+hp.
if this is the case will a cam push it beyonds the limits including the 10 lbs??

and i checked out the STS ss camaro for Exotics page, very nice, i am taking notes, but too much money for me to do all that haha

Quick Reply: Got a couple questions with my STS turbo, Gt67 max boost, meth injection?