Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

C5 with F1C

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 04:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by firehawk123
thanks bob, I really love to work with bob and every one @ EPP .YOU GUYS DOING GOOD JOB OVER THERE.
Thanks Jassim, I appreciate it! Bob
Old 12-28-2007 | 06:23 AM
TECH Addict

Wow...all I can say...car is gorgeous! Love the hood too!
Old 12-28-2007 | 06:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks! Ya the hood is absolutely my favorite part as well. I love the front end of the car just wish I could use the lip for daily driving.
Old 12-28-2007 | 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dixonk
Thanks! Ya the hood is absolutely my favorite part as well. I love the front end of the car just wish I could use the lip for daily driving.
Yea I could see the front end/lip being a problem for daily driving. What are your goals for the car? Track Car, Dragstrip, 1000+ rwhp daily driver?
Old 12-28-2007 | 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well my goal was just to build an extreme toy for myself? Not really a daily driver but gets driven more than average. (4 days a week) There is no drag strip here. So I wanted the styling of a road course car and brute force of a drag car. I retained full weight, and then some, full AC and everything. And on pump gas with no methanol or additional fuel additives. Car still uses a 6 speed.
Old 01-02-2008 | 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is that the 8 rib kit? Did the pullies and evetying come with the procharger kit?
Old 01-03-2008 | 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes its an 8 rib kit. I upgraded from Bob. My kit was originally a D1SC kit. Then I added a A&A FMIC kit to it. Then ordered the F1C from Bob as well as the 8rib kit he sells.
Old 01-03-2008 | 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Well my goal was just to build an extreme toy for myself? Not really a daily driver but gets driven more than average. (4 days a week) There is no drag strip here. So I wanted the styling of a road course car and brute force of a drag car. I retained full weight, and then some, full AC and everything. And on pump gas with no methanol or additional fuel additives. Car still uses a 6 speed.
Nice, yea from the looks of the build it appears that it could handle anything haha! I eventually hope to build something similar with either a C5 style body or a 98-02 Fbody roller, then drop in trans, rear, engine, FI of my choice. Must be fun rowing the gears with that much power on tap!
Old 01-05-2008 | 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya it sure is. Kind of eerie feeling too especially when you realize that you havent exactly hooked up yet while shifting into 4th Had I to do it all over again I would probably have used a roller fbody. Fbodies can just plant the power better. Not to mention a lot of the stuff is cheaper as well.
Old 01-10-2008 | 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Ya it sure is. Kind of eerie feeling too especially when you realize that you havent exactly hooked up yet while shifting into 4th Had I to do it all over again I would probably have used a roller fbody. Fbodies can just plant the power better. Not to mention a lot of the stuff is cheaper as well.
Yea thats my feeling on the whole build. No F-body is going to look as sexy or pimp as your vette, but I have found that an f-body roller is going to be a lot cheaper than a vette roller. Still though when I see a car like yours it makes me rething the f-body build and pushes me closer to a vette.
Old 01-10-2008 | 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya. I am loving it. But man I am leaving a lot on the table by using the vette and I will be the first to admit it. Of course the big *** 6 piston pimp brakes in the back doesnt help my wheel and tire selection either.
Old 01-10-2008 | 07:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TaShOo
no comments for you cause it's a waste of time and i dont want to spoil his thread anymore , but if u have a car i'll race u anytime anywhere , that's IF YOU HAVE A CAR . And if u want to drag race me in bahrain first u have to break ur 13.4 seconds record in the quarter mile , and i was and still the fastest STREET racer in kuwait , and im not gonna reply to any post in this thread .best regards

LOL,Fastest street car in Kuwait??? What are you racing over there,Camel's???
Sorry Dixonk,had to do it. Your car is looking great.
Old 01-11-2008 | 03:49 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Yea thats my feeling on the whole build. No F-body is going to look as sexy or pimp as your vette, but I have found that an f-body roller is going to be a lot cheaper than a vette roller. Still though when I see a car like yours it makes me rething the f-body build and pushes me closer to a vette.
A C5 can indeed be built to handle the power for drag racing, but what you have to go through is pretty intensive. It's too bad a C5 body won't just fit on a F Body chassis. Bob

Quick Reply: C5 with F1C