Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hellion style turbo results

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont understand how you didnt loose power by puting the stock blower back on, isnt that a restriction? i have heard of people with built 408 puting a on maggi and looseing power cuz it could flow enough cfm?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Said you gained 2-300 rwhp in the low rpm areas vs. just the turbos. Can you post a graph of it with boost levels? Just curious.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Teching In

After seeing this I wish I kept my cobra!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

has anybody seen what the Shelbys are doing with 2.8 Kenne Bells???
Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phoenix
i dont understand how you didnt loose power by puting the stock blower back on, isnt that a restriction? i have heard of people with built 408 puting a on maggi and looseing power cuz it could flow enough cfm?
you have to understand what the blower is doing. its not compresing air its just moving it into the engine faster than the engine can take. this restriction (the engine) causes presure to build in the intake and thats what is know as boost.

now normally the SC has to suck the air and this is fine. but on this setup the turbo are feeding air into the blower!

the blowers job hasn't changed. its still moving the same about of air as it was before, only know the air ITS moving is preusreised. so its basically boosting boosted air.

now you might think WOW what about temps?? surely they are going to be twice as high if you arerunning twice the boost?? well no becasue you have already cooled the air after the turbos and the turbo are more eficent so the air will be cooler anyway.

so you are probably thinking whats the point in it?? why not just go for a BIG SC like cbra-klla said?? the first reason is its simply cooler! the real reasons are that the temps will be lower by using the turbos as they run more efficently, you can alter the presure to what you want (if you run the turbo of intake manifold preusre then you can almost turn them off and have just the SC), you aren't getting the drag like you get with the SC, the engine should in theory rev faster as there is less mass atached to the crank and you dont have to worry about belts as much as you wiull just be using the stock ones.

there are downsides though

one way to make this setup better might be to run a (or two) baypas vavles(s) to bypass the SC all together once the turbos are upto speed. this would increase the efficency even more as you would be running like the turbo only guys on the turbos are upto speed. this would obviouly be a bit harder to do though.

thanks Chris.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The guy at the end sounded like McLovin'
Old 12-20-2007, 06:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well,we also just finished a Cobra with a built stroker motor aand KB 3.3l blower.Can't release any #'s but it will probly make more hp than this twin turbo/root's car.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

is this a different car that was in muscle mustangs & fast fords that had the eaton and twin 66's that made 1,1XX rw ? they said in there that the stock irs was making the the wheels either bow in or bow out on the dyno ( i can't remember which)
Old 12-20-2007, 07:44 AM

^Yeah, it's a different car. The other one was red and made in the 1170 range, I believe.

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Well,we also just finished a Cobra with a built stroker motor aand KB 3.3l blower.Can't release any #'s but it will probly make more hp than this twin turbo/root's car.
Just haven't dynoed it yet or the owner wants to keep it ?

Quick Reply: Hellion style turbo results