Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger with stock fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob!!! and I got my fuel pump yesturday.....Thanks again for great customer service!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Hey UL, hows your coolant temps in the summer there in TX while running the A/C?
This is what it took to get rid of the overdamnheating issues i had:

4 fans: 16" Spal, 9" Spal, (with separate switch), 11" Spal fan on the a/c condenser (with separate switch), fan on the Perma Cool tranny cooler (which comes on automatically at 150 degrees).

Be Cool radiator (M6 unit-so that it came with no radiator tranny cooler crap). Along with water wetter.

Removed the rubber seal right above the cowl/under the hood.

Bypassed the power steering cooler.

Brand new air dam.

The answer to your question is: I do not have a real temperature gauge other than our famous dummy gauge. But before I had all of the mods done to address the overheating issues I would hit the red on the temp gauge real quick. Now I am happy to report that with the a/c running those overheating conditions are long gone.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by youngrigo
Thanks Bob!!! and I got my fuel pump yesturday.....Thanks again for great customer service!
Awesome, I sent out your Spal 9" fan yesterday. Bob
Old 12-21-2007, 05:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Urban Legend

4 fans: 16" Spal, 9" Spal, (with separate switch), 11" Spal fan on the a/c condenser (with separate switch), fan on the Perma Cool tranny cooler (which comes on automatically at 150 degrees).

Be Cool radiator (M6 unit-so that it came with no radiator tranny cooler crap). Along with water wetter.

Brand new air dam.

The answer to your question is: I do not have a real temperature gauge other than our famous dummy gauge. But before I had all of the mods done to address the overheating issues I would hit the red on the temp gauge real quick. Now I am happy to report that with the a/c running those overheating conditions are long gone.

Wow! We have found than an external oil cooler really helps to bring the engine temps down as well. We did this on the 2004 C5 that we built that is being run on a road course, and it made a huge difference. Bob
Old 12-21-2007, 07:20 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Originally Posted by Urban Legend

Brand new air dam.

Wow! Sounds like I'm going to need a few more fans! LOL I already have plans for 2 more to go on top of my horizontal FMIC, so that will help I'm sure. Plus, now there is a bigger opening on the bottom to allow more air to come into the cavity there in front of the condenser/ radiator so that should help a bit as well. Guess I need to go ahead and put another fan on the shroud too. So how does your electrical system handle all that? Did you have to get a bigger output alternator or anything?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Wow! Sounds like I'm going to need a few more fans! LOL I already have plans for 2 more to go on top of my horizontal FMIC, so that will help I'm sure. Plus, now there is a bigger opening on the bottom to allow more air to come into the cavity there in front of the condenser/ radiator so that should help a bit as well. Guess I need to go ahead and put another fan on the shroud too. So how does your electrical system handle all that? Did you have to get a bigger output alternator or anything?

Oh my bad. Then I had to get a Powermaster 150 amp alternator. Because the stock alternator couldn't keep up with the demands. Domino effect all the way.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...or+powermaster
Old 12-22-2007, 05:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

You might want to try an external oil cooler before adding anymore fans, it made quite a difference for us on this C5. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob
Old 12-22-2007, 07:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can make the stock fans fit IF the AC is not used and I cut the support.

Here is another way I did it with the AC and front mount.Took a good amount of time but there is no problem cooling this sleeved 427ci /Procharger setup now. Has a 16" spal puller, 2 -7" spal pushers. Everything is completely sealed to make sure 100% of the air goes through the radiator.We also make a shroud so no hot air pulls in from the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails Procharger with stock fans-dsc03186.jpg   Procharger with stock fans-dsc03187.jpg   Procharger with stock fans-dsc03194.jpg   Procharger with stock fans-dsc03196.jpg  
Old 12-22-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I can make the stock fans fit IF the AC is not used and I cut the support.

Here is another way I did it with the AC and front mount.Took a good amount of time but there is no problem cooling this sleeved 427ci /Procharger setup now. Has a 16" spal puller, 2 -7" spal pushers. Everything is completely sealed to make sure 100% of the air goes through the radiator.We also make a shroud so no hot air pulls in from the engine bay.
****, you can work on my ride anytime

Quick Reply: Procharger with stock fans