Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

409 iron block

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 12:59 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 409 iron block

Correction gentleman for $50,000 you get 725 FLYWHEEL NOT RWHP.Michael is not very far from that now.I'm sure with some changes he could get real close.PSJ and Scott are using aftermarket computers.Imo that is what is needed to make big power with FI.The factory computer is limited to what a 55 lb hr injector.Huge low impedance injectors are needed to fuel big boost.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Correction gentleman for $50,000 you get 725 FLYWHEEL NOT RWHP.Michael is not very far from that now.I'm sure with some changes he could get real close.PSJ and Scott are using aftermarket computers.Imo that is what is needed to make big power with FI.The factory computer is limited to what a 55 lb hr injector.Huge low impedance injectors are needed to fuel big boost.
I was wondering about the HP figure, as well. Thanks for clearing that up.

And.. I agree wholeheartedly about the fueling issue. I will feel lucky to fuel 600 RWHP with my two GSS340 Walbro's and 55# injectors at stock fuel pressure (the 422 is HUNGRY at WOT).
Old 07-01-2003, 03:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if more people had twin turbos, we'd see bigger numbers. The single log is great to say 500 hp. After that, you gotta really push the air to get more power and you start running out of a good efficiency range. This causes you to run more boost and warp heads. I wonder what we could do with a twin turbo and IRON heads. Yeah people will all yell that it won't work but I just may try it in the future. I have seen how easy it is to lift heads at higher psi with arp studs and cometic gaskets. I know this is kinda off the topic but some of the more knowledgeable people are looking at this thread and I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is good information. And this is exactly why I didn't bother with the trouble of huge cubic inches and big boost. I'm just keeping my same old aluminum 346, drop in some pistons and rods, and put the little old Vortech back on top.
550RWHP is plenty for me and plenty for the street. Throw in some gears and some sticky tires, and there ain't very many folks keepin' up. Old-school or otherwise.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In 2002 this is what Ed from LPE posted in response to a few questions about the 427TT..

"TurboIntegra - the car actually has hand fabricated log style manifolds, we had to go that route to accomodate the Tial blow off valves. Price isn't really the issue, all of the money in the world won't get you more space in a corvette engine bay!

ReaperSS - we don't have any plans for a TT f-body kit, but if you can come up with a pair of manifolds, I can supply you with the rest. We went through the same problems with Incon that everyone else did, and to solve our supply problems, we had to become a Garrett distributor, so we carry a lot of the needed parts now. Call me at the shop with your needs.

McRat - we still run the Vette IRS with our hardened out put shaft, we run Penske adjustable shocks, and slicks. No real secrets here.

ArcticwhiteLS1 is right, the car makes somewhere between 950-1000 RWHP"

Ed

Another person on ls1.com posted this..

"There is a c5r vette that is street legal in dallas, it was in Motor trend and was done by john lingenfelter. On pump gas(93) it made 826 rwhp and 976rwtq, it went 8.96 on a track in mississippi right before christmas. On race gas they were estimating over 1000/1200 respectively."

I have no clue if this is true, but I am sure Ed from LPE would know..

Quick Reply: 409 iron block