Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well the finished pics are in let me know what you think.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that looks really good man, I just finished spraying mine base clear in luxo blue metallic, im doing a complete color change on my car. in my opinion if your going to take the time to strip the compartment i wouldent rattle can anything. youve got to know someone who can handle a spray gun. after the motor and trans were out i would say ive got 12 hours into mine, started with a laquer thinner bath, then sanding all the scratches out, stripped everything off the frame rails, removed the booster and all the wiring, wrapped everything in aluminum foil, scuffed and washed everything again then sealed and base cleared the compartment, mines nice and shiney which means im gonna be wet sanding and buffing all the dirt nibs out
Old 01-15-2008, 08:07 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

It definetly looks a lot better. I'd love to do that to mine when everything comes out. The only problem is it's mystic teal.

Originally Posted by SStolen
I was thinking about doing the $50 roll-on paint job. It wouldn't be pretty but it would definitely look better than it looks now.
I've seen those threads before too. I was really impressed with that.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by W8N2SQZ
That looks really good.

How much prep work did you do?
I have about 6-8hrs I am a decent body guy when I HAVE to be LOL! I sanded and primered some spots then wet sanded them had to use some body filler on the front core support and the prime/wetsand that. Used scotch brite pads on 70% and on the real visible stuff 400 and 600 after primering, then a coat of self etching primer in black to reduce the amount of base I needed to cover. I wasn't about to abuse my hard work with trying to make it look like the outside of the car if I was going to do that I would have used a rotisery (sp?) that a friend and I made and did the whole underside in a booth etc... It is just what I wanted. Not a show car, but a VERY clean nice car that will drag most up and down the street well that is what both will do when finished etc... Thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
It definetly looks a lot better. I'd love to do that to mine when everything comes out. The only problem is it's mystic teal.

I've seen those threads before too. I was really impressed with that.
Whats the problem? If you do it just find some one who will shoot it for you!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Whats the problem? If you do it just find some one who will shoot it for you!
Finding the paint alone is the problem. GM doesn't make it any more and I'd have to have some mixed. I'm color blind so I'd probably never notice, but it wouldn't match.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:30 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Finding the paint alone is the problem. GM doesn't make it any more and I'd have to have some mixed. I'm color blind so I'd probably never notice, but it wouldn't match.
LOL! All you have to do is get a paint shop to mix it for you and matching is not an issue when you are painting the whole thing. FYI!
Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
A friend did his with I think Duplicolor spray can and it has been about a year and a half still looks pretty good. Black would be one of the easier colors to do. Good Luck! Thanks guys.
you must be talking about my car. cause while it was nice for a good bit of time. the rattle can lacks any factory look to it. my car could benefit from some attention under the hood.time for a reshoot here.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:03 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
you must be talking about my car. cause while it was nice for a good bit of time. the rattle can lacks any factory look to it. my car could benefit from some attention under the hood.time for a reshoot here.
I see I can't hide from you Joe LOL! yeah I was talking about your car when I looked at it the other night I thought it looked as good as any factory car maybe not show quality.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Inspector12. Is that 'Chassis Black'?

The best results I've seen from a spray can is someone that use the black/white/grey Eastwood spatter coat. If you like that finish, it smooths out really nicely and hides just about anything.

Jim
Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Looks good Inspector12. Is that 'Chassis Black'?

The best results I've seen from a spray can is someone that use the black/white/grey Eastwood spatter coat. If you like that finish, it smooths out really nicely and hides just about anything.

Jim
That is the same as the exterior color what ever that was. And The Semi products have been the best i have ever seen out of a spray can. There build up primers work like the stuff we use in the shop, but out of a spray can, and there Self etching primer works great. There bumper black works wonders for bolts and small brackets that get that aged look. Thanks for the compliments.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Well the finished pics are in let me know what you think.