Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

bigger or smaller cu if going to max out turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I don't think anyone has really conclusively showed that a short stroke LS-based engine is worth doing over say a 3.622 stroke based engine. Is your main reason to do this because of a weight break for the smaller cubes or something else? I have zero experience trying to build an LS-based combo for a class, but I 'hear' about folks running 9.5:1 - 10:1 for classes, though I have also heard of NMRA SSO guys running up to 11:1 for that class.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I don't think anyone has really conclusively showed that a short stroke LS-based engine is worth doing over say a 3.622 stroke based engine. Is your main reason to do this because of a weight break for the smaller cubes or something else? I have zero experience trying to build an LS-based combo for a class, but I 'hear' about folks running 9.5:1 - 10:1 for classes, though I have also heard of NMRA SSO guys running up to 11:1 for that class.
no wieght break for anything under 360 cu just wondering if it is worth more power

Tim meagher tried the 310cu with junk parts and went faster that had ever gone but the motor only lasted 6 runs used stock bottom end to see if would make more power

I am willing to try it

I think that i will put the 6.0L together because I have everything to do so

then I think I will try stock 4.8 short block to see if it could be fast

then if it is I will put together forged 4.8 short block

I am just trying to see what other think about the small cu because of limited turbo size

thanks to everyone that posted reply

Quick Reply: bigger or smaller cu if going to max out turbo