Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LOW Profile Twin Screw IS POSSIBLE?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a shame that Eaton canned their twin screw setup. That would have been sweet. They want to pimp their TVS setup. I dont understand why someone would buy the TVS (juiced up roots) for 8k or so when a twin screw can be had for 6k.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
its a shame that Eaton canned their twin screw setup. That would have been sweet. They want to pimp their TVS setup. I dont understand why someone would buy the TVS (juiced up roots) for 8k or so when a twin screw can be had for 6k.
How many F-Body, GTO, or Vette twin screw kits are out there for $6k then ?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought I saw that the eaton blower upgrade for a ford cobra was 5,600. It's the TVS 1900. The new ZR1 will be using modified L92 heads w/ either a TVS 1900 or 2300. Duttweitter (sp?) has already done a build up on a LS2 404 w/ the 1900.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
How many F-Body, GTO, or Vette twin screw kits are out there for $6k then ?

here you go, wise guy. All accessories, hood, etc.
Its just the GTO that doesnt have a twin-S

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...gmCorvette.htm
Old 01-25-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

these fit the LS1,2,6
From what i am told, however, they wont fit in the gto engine bay. I believe (again, i was told by people on the boards) the firewall gets in the way.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1230
Old 01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Question although some may find it stupid (I don't care) has anyone considered moving the engine forward to allow a twin screw to clear the cowl? How far forward would it have to move? And what are the potential draw backs? I understand it would be a major undertaking.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So can anyone measure their car to see how much room there is between the cowel and the top of the manifold? From what I have found the LS1 intake is 6.5" tall.
Pictures would be even better
(Showing the distance between the cowel and manifold)
From measuring my car, with the LT1, it looks like the 9.5" Kenne Bell would hit the bottom of the rubber seal molding.

3" just doesn't sound like that much, but that damn cowel!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

i dont care about the hood. That can be replaced or something.

I was told it wouldnt fit without hitting the firewall. So what is the deal? Will the KB fit in there or what? What mods need to be done to get it in? Anyone?
Old 01-25-2008, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club

The mods that need to be done....are less talking, and more action.

If you want it done, get someone to do it, and stop talking about it. If you arent able yourself, didnt Ed from Late Model Speed offer to tackle it for you in another thread ?

Its been said dozens of times. Anything can be done with enough time, effort and money, and if you contacted some of the Aussie guys, good chance its already been done.
Have you tried researching some of the Aussie tuners ?
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

The mods that need to be done....are less talking, and more action.

If you want it done, get someone to do it, and stop talking about it. If you arent able yourself, didnt Ed from Late Model Speed offer to tackle it for you in another thread ?

Its been said dozens of times. Anything can be done with enough time, effort and money, and if you contacted some of the Aussie guys, good chance its already been done.
Have you tried researching some of the Aussie tuners ?
If you have nothing but a pissy attitude to contribute, keep your thoughts to yourself.
No, i am not able myself to fabricate. Ed from LMS offered to supercharge, but using systems they have availabe such as maggie or procharger.

The aussie guys are using aussie kits.

This thread was basically just inquiring if anyone had tried mounting a KB or whipple, and their results.
Also, if it doesnt mount right on, what gets in the way. I was told the firewall, and possibly the hood. People are curious if anyone has tried for themselves, or it is merely internet guru's repeating what they have heard.

While i would love to find out first hand, i dont think anyone would buy a 6k dollar kit just to find out it doesnt fit.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:57 AM
9 Second Club

How many times have you asked, and been given the same answer ?

How many times have others asked, and been given the same answer ?....the search facility might give you that answer.

2 people have tried for themselves. Voodoo, and RJW, you have already been told that. Have you contacted either of them ?
Voodoo does have a kit, you know that, its been well covered. But no, its too expensive, and given the attitude of many US forum members towards his kit etc....he pretty much decided just to sell it locally..

If someone had a US kit available, dont you think everyone would be shouting about it ?? there isnt, and they arent.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1230

Looks like it works to me.

KenneBell....
Old 01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Here is the KB on a vette. Seems like it would clear the GTO's firewall to me. The hood, maybe maybe not, i dont know. But a hood can be dealt with, yes?
any opinions..?

Old 01-26-2008, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

YES.

Which part of "IT DOESNT FIT A GTO OR F-BODY" dont you understand ??

Of course there are twinscrew kits that bolt to an LS motor, there has been for ages.

And as already mentioned, the Vette kit might fit, you may need a different hood, and you would need to use the Vette accessory drive and accessories as it sits 1" closer to the engine.
Or else have a new snout made for the blower.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have a car that can be down for a couple days and you can take the intake manifold off to test fit the kenne bell, they will send you a kit for a $500 deposit to test fit. Once you send the kit back they will fully refund you. I would do it, because my car hasn't left the garage in 2 years, but I don't have an LS1 in it yet.

The Voodoo and RJW kits seem to be slipping away...
-The entire Voodoo situation was caused by fellow Aussies going into his thread and putting doubt in the US crowd. I read the entire thread and all of the US guys were still supporting him, and trying to get all the Aussie naysayers to leave but it all just snowballed into a name calling spat.
-The latest news from RJW is not looking good, I think he unfortunately had some kind of personal issue and will not be designing a kit any time soon.

So we are once again left with NO twin screw options, my whole intent for posting this thread was to see if there was any other vendors or individuals that could design a kit similar to this with the extremely LOW profile height. I still might try the Kenne Bell kit, and hope that I can make it fit.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

YES.

Which part of "IT DOESNT FIT A GTO OR F-BODY" dont you understand ??

Of course there are twinscrew kits that bolt to an LS motor, there has been for ages.

And as already mentioned, the Vette kit might fit, you may need a different hood, and you would need to use the Vette accessory drive and accessories as it sits 1" closer to the engine.
Or else have a new snout made for the blower.

What part of "what does it take to get it on a GTO" do you not understand? I know it bolts on to a LS2. The point was, would it fit into the GTO by clearing the back engine bay and hood? If so, which it looks like it would, ok. As far as switching the snout, that is undoable i think, unless KB makes different snouts. Or u could switch the accesory drives.

So we are left with (assuming it clears the firewall and hood, which it looks like it would)....
1. switch accessory drives to the vette style. How much does this cost? How hard is it to do?
2. Switch the front snout of the blower. I think KB makes numerous snouts, so which one fits?

Last edited by Johny GTO; 01-27-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

up up and away
Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like its time to call 1800callkennebellforanswers. You guys are getting no where quick. I'm sure he'll be able to answer technical questions on clearance, snout configurations and i'm sure he'll be able to tell you if he's tried to fit one to a 04+ GTO and if he was successful.

I'll tell you one thing from my experiences with fabbing stuff up....Just because it looks like "IT MIGHT FIT" might mean major hacking and welding is involved to get it in there, so do you really want to blaze that trail? If so stop asking and start doing.

Quick Reply: LOW Profile Twin Screw IS POSSIBLE?!?!