Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Using my APS washer fluid tank as meth tank.... who can modify for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:29 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has to do with the corrosive properties of methanol And its not all metals, just some...
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
AIS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
Hello,
With my new APS kit, i dont have any room for my snow meth tank anymore, but the windshield washer fluid tank that comes in the kit would be perfect. Its stainless so it would hold meth perfectly, i'd just have to get it modified to fit up to the snow fittings. Any sponsors or anyone on here that sells snow stuff that could modify my washer tank to be used as a meth tank? LMK! Thanks!
Be sure to check out our all-in-one rear trunk mount water methanol injection system.

No Space Under Your Hood...No Problem

It is becoming increasingly harder and harder to find space under the hood of today's cars. While many cars often do have the space to install a small container and pump under their hood this can be unsightly to some and take away from the car's appearance under the hood. Not to mention the installation can often times require the removal of the front bumper cover and other components to facilitate the installion. This can take upwards of 4-5 hours to complete.

Often time's space does not permit the use of an additional container under the hood. A common solution used by many is converting the vehicles existing windshield wiper fluid container for use with the water methanol/alcohol injection. This completely compromises the use of the windshield wiper feature as it will have to be disconnected if using a pure methanol shot or a mix containing high percentages of methanol.

We feel this is hardly a solution and simply a short cut used by others. Our trunk mount kit completely solves all of these issues by relocating everything cleanly in the trunk of your vehicle.

Unlike our competitors, each and every one of our trunk/bed mounts systems is pre-assembled and pre-wired by our own trained staff. Thereby making the installation quick, convenient and simple. Reducing the installation time from 5-7 hours to just over an hour to complete.

In addition, we hand test each trunk/bed mount water injection system to ensure it’s working properly before it’s packaged. Imagine spending an entire afternoon assembling a competitor's kit only to discover that it is defective! Or worse, a wasted trip and money spent having a shop do the installation for you.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Launching!

How long does it take to use a gallon of meth.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 AM
9 Second Club

Hey superman I havent forgot about you.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RUNINHOT
How long does it take to use a gallon of meth.
Depends on how often you get on it! A gallon should last at least a month tho if you are constantly flogging your car every time you drive it.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking set up there. Does anyone know if NHRA tech would be OK with having the meth tank in the back of a hatchback?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AIS
Be sure to check out our all-in-one rear trunk mount water methanol injection system.

No Space Under Your Hood...No Problem

It is becoming increasingly harder and harder to find space under the hood of today's cars. While many cars often do have the space to install a small container and pump under their hood this can be unsightly to some and take away from the car's appearance under the hood. Not to mention the installation can often times require the removal of the front bumper cover and other components to facilitate the installion. This can take upwards of 4-5 hours to complete.

Often time's space does not permit the use of an additional container under the hood. A common solution used by many is converting the vehicles existing windshield wiper fluid container for use with the water methanol/alcohol injection. This completely compromises the use of the windshield wiper feature as it will have to be disconnected if using a pure methanol shot or a mix containing high percentages of methanol.

We feel this is hardly a solution and simply a short cut used by others. Our trunk mount kit completely solves all of these issues by relocating everything cleanly in the trunk of your vehicle.

Unlike our competitors, each and every one of our trunk/bed mounts systems is pre-assembled and pre-wired by our own trained staff. Thereby making the installation quick, convenient and simple. Reducing the installation time from 5-7 hours to just over an hour to complete.

In addition, we hand test each trunk/bed mount water injection system to ensure it’s working properly before it’s packaged. Imagine spending an entire afternoon assembling a competitor's kit only to discover that it is defective! Or worse, a wasted trip and money spent having a shop do the installation for you.

i have always been told to keep your meth tank close to where you are ggoing to port it(like less then 3 feet) something about meth doesn't like heat.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 AM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by cracker
Your intercooler should be more than efficient for your setup. Get rid of the meth and run Torco or Racegas.

Keep an eye on your IAT temps and you'll be fine.

Meth is stupid. For cars and humans.
Yes, race race gas is good. However, it's important to understand the differences in the various types available and which to use. We've had customers still burn down engines with high boost intercooled applications because the were using the wrong type of racing fuel. You have to look at the temperature rating at which the fuel vaporizes.

Additionally, water methanol injection is proven to work in addition to an intercooler enabling further lowering of air charge temperatures. It's not acceptable any longer to just run an intercooler and think thats good enough. We have cars running 20+ lbs of boost with turbochargers and centrifugals which are still seeing air temperatures just over 200 degree's after the intercooler. This is using the largest air-to-air intercooler they can fit in their front end.

By adding a water methanol injection system we can pull out an additional 80-100 degree's of heat after the intercooler. By combining water methanol injection with a highly efficient air to air intercooler we have been able to pull out nearly all the additional heat from the supercharger or turbocharger.

Just something to think about. There's many more benefits to water methanol injection then just lowering air charge temperatures.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Default Here is my system

This is a link to the thread of what was done on my rig. You can't see the windshield washer tank but that is tied into the system also. I use mine for Open Road Racing so I am attempting to get it to last for up to 90 miles in the boost a fair bit. This gives me over 3 gals total.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=jeffyvette

Jeffy'

Quick Reply: Using my APS washer fluid tank as meth tank.... who can modify for me?