Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with custom rear mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant seem to find a -4an 12' line in stock anywhere ... argg .. jegs has them on backorder .. anyone know a sponsor that would have one? I would like to have it this week.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just Placed order with Nitro Dave's hope they have it in stock, guess i'll find out tomorrow
Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those guys from Nitro Dave's are bar none top notch. Im a dealer and I go through them...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlie c5
Those guys from Nitro Dave's are bar none top notch. Im a dealer and I go through them...
Sweet, I hope it works out. I have to call Jegs and cancel my order in the am. I think I will give them a call to, just to be sure they got the order and see if its in stock, or if they just make them.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

They do make em, but also have the best set-up with NX around. Dave has sold more NX product in the past several years then Jeggs and Summit.... Cool huh. Yeah, Dave's the man... All from ma small office in Waco TX.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nitro Daves for the win! Got that on the way, got the u-joint for the new rear today, talked to the shop about getting the tune done and thats a go! Just need to find a deal on a 3 bar map
Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, so I got the rear in, going next week to get the exhaust re-ran in 2.5" to the turbo. I found out my wastegate that was suppose to be a 50mm HKS unit is actually a generic unit and I am looking at replacing it with a good tial. But would a 38mm be big enough? or should I go 44mm??
Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for the night crowd
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
Okay, so I got the rear in, going next week to get the exhaust re-ran in 2.5" to the turbo. I found out my wastegate that was suppose to be a 50mm HKS unit is actually a generic unit and I am looking at replacing it with a good tial. But would a 38mm be big enough? or should I go 44mm??
A 44mm Tial worked perfect for me on my previous rearmount C5. There's doesn't seem to be a consensus as to if a 35/38/40 2 bolt gate is enough on a rearmount, though several members use them successfully. I think I may try a JGS 40mm unit on my next build, another rearmount C5.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone a long time ago told me to run a relay for the oil return pump, and I did, and they also said to run the signal for that relay (to pass power through) from the fuel pump, which I thought I did. But while driving the car (no turbo just oil feed line to oil return pump) the other day I noticed that the pump cut of 2 times in the matter of about 15 min or 3 miles or so.

So im wondering if there is a better source for the constant on while the car is running of if maybe by some odd reason the pump is overheating and turning off or something. Anyone know exactly which wire I should be using under there?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

im curious myself - subscribing
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

I have mine triggered by the fuel pump and wrks flawlessly. You might want to double check all your connections and make sure you are running it off the the right wire.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Silver_TransAm
I have mine triggered by the fuel pump and wrks flawlessly. You might want to double check all your connections and make sure you are running it off the the right wire.
Can you take a pic of exactly which wire you are running yours off of? Or tell me the color or something. I got under it with a test light and ran it off of the one that seemed to say on while the car was running. But I guess there could be more than one (there is a large block of wires down there)
Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Subscribing...
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Here's mine mocked up.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just love to dig this back up every few months so ppl dont think I gave up on it.

I am in college so money comes sporadically, but over the summer I have been able to get a job and save some change so here is the latest.

I sold the Meth kit I had (got in a money bunch) so now im looking at either getting a set of 317's and a good thick head gasket (.051 GM piece) and ARP studs or getting another meth kit. Which would be better in the long run? I am still wanting to put it together to see over 500 at the wheels but as anyone else I don't want to buy anything I cant use after the winter when the bottom end goes in it (which is looking like just forged pistons and callies rods I think, stock crank and block)

Ohh, and I am buying HPTuners too so i'll be needing help with that soon.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by charlie c5
Man to hell with that restrictor. I just trashed a new turbo becuse I used the restrictor. I used the one that many people here on this board suggested. The STS WASNT engineered to use the restrictor, call Chris from STS , he'll tell ya the same...
gotta pump this, chris knows his stuff it seems.. not to mention he said its a go ahead to use wrapped headers and wrap my full exhaust
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by geeteego
Here's mine mocked up.

some of the intake pipes look like they are from the STS kit...
Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

About the oil restrictors:
Every differetn brand of turbo has a different sized oil inlet hole... Every car ussually is using a different sized supply line as well.
To those that are using too large of a line, or even the inlet flange is sized wrong, will have a "too much oil" situation.

I'm using a 35MM wastegate, and it works fine. My pipe taht goes to the turbo is only 2.5", so that 35mm is a significantly large portion of 2.5". Also, which angle you have the wastegate at will also determine if it's big enough. If you have it on a Y off the pipe, you are better off. 90* permendicular is the easiest, but may not be as efficient.
Mine is 90* off, but it is also 6 inches from the turbo.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Coming around again, All new setup and new questions, just hope some ppl are still looking at this thread, its been over a year.

So, I scrapped the rear mount deal, now im using an old (brand new parts) Phamspeed kit to do a front mount. I still have the same questions as before, which head gasket to run with 317's on a stock ls1 block.

How long will my oil feed line need to be?
Who has the best alt. relocation bracket/kit?
Who makes a good boost cam under .600 lift (spring limited)
Head studs or bolts? Big price difference but I want to be able to use them over again (also can you get the heads on with the manifolds bolted to them with the studs in?)
Where is the stock MAP sensor on the intake?

there is more questions but this is plenty for a start.

Quick Reply: Help with custom rear mount