Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: torque!.. i mean dyno results inside

it holds under 15#

Old 07-22-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mightymouse,

I was giving your problems some thought and I remebered you said that the Weldon pump didn't work and it should have. This leads me to believe that you may have already blown the seals out of your turbo and could be causing some problems getting the car dialed in. I was thinking that before you spring for a bigger turbo, maybe you should talk to PTE about replacing the seals on your turbo at either Rob's or PTE's expense as a first step. I think at a minimum they at least owe you a rebuild and it could help your spiking problem as well. My tilton pump has preformed flawlessly to date and I no longer have any oiling issues, I know the Weldon is better but I also wonder if the higher flow of the Tilton makes a difference?

On another note; Tomorrow I will be going to ARE to replace the passenger manifold with a MAC shorty header, hopefully allowing the car to breath better, make more power and help with cooling. ARE will fabricate a new connection to the cross-over.

I spoke to Wade this morning and he will strap the car to the rollers in the morning for a baseline and when the work is done later in the day we'll make another pull to see if there is a difference. ARE has been extremely pro-active in trying to work out the bugs, so much so that my kit barely resembles a QMP kit anymore.

I'll post the result tomorrow, I'm hoping this works.

Paul
Old 07-22-2003, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

well its possible pte will cover the rebuild again but i'm sure they do not plan on giving away a larger turbo for trade on this used(rebuilt) one.

im pulling the car apart next week after a local show to send off the turbo, remove the manifold to check for leaks and re-weld. and also pull off the intercooler to see if thats got a leak in it.

im also going to try a no wastegate scenario by scrwing it shut so that no exhaust pressure can blow it open at all and see if the boost still drops.. its the final thing to prove a larger turbo is needed

Quick Reply: torque!.. i mean dyno results inside