Old 03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was this on a radial or a 10.5?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by y2khawk
sounds like our year last year, one thing after another.

So 5.0's is all the 106 is worth?

I beleive the track was complete ****... at least thats what most of the people who went to the race said.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stenod
was this on a radial or a 10.5?
Certainly looked like 10.5.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Congrats on the 4.99.. that's get to the 1/8 mile pretty good.

Too much power??? does that exist?? That excuse won't work for our grudge matches... better go back to the drawing board and figure out how to get that car down the track with all that power you guys have

Was the 4.99 on "low boost" too?

Sucks to hear about madman and crew... is the engine going to be an easy fix or was the entire thing scrap?

Stenod

HAHA, Thats funny you are telling us to go back to the drawing board. Your the ones with $15K in your canted valve heads and billet intake. ****, our complete motor didnt even cost that much and you are still chasing us. Oh, and we have been faster than yall with our little 91.5mm turbo. Looks to me like yall are the ones needing to go back to the drawing board. Keep spending that money to try and catch us.
Man this is going to be a good year of racing. I love all this **** talkin.

Steven Fereday
Late Model Racecraft
713-466-9900
Latemodelracecraft.com
Old 03-18-2008, 06:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2khawk
sounds like our year last year, one thing after another.

So 5.0's is all the 106 is worth?
YUP
Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
HAHA, Thats funny you are telling us to go back to the drawing board. Your the ones with $15K in your canted valve heads and billet intake. ****, our complete motor didnt even cost that much and you are still chasing us. Oh, and we have been faster than yall with our little 91.5mm turbo. Looks to me like yall are the ones needing to go back to the drawing board. Keep spending that money to try and catch us.

Steven Fereday
Late Model Racecraft
713-466-9900
Latemodelracecraft.com
LMFAO!! I wrote this exact same thing on page 4 then went back and deleted it cause i didn't want to get to far in the middle of this...haha
Soooo ******* true !!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see traction was a problem........

What John Kolivas posted got me thinking.....

What did the car 1/8 mile with the 91.5mm Wormy??

John can talk the **** if he wants.... ive seen him run those ET's with his car on radials....

This is going to be a good YR.

Kyle
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get the Ohio Boys back in here along with everyone else and there will be one helluva shitstorm brewing. And to think just a few short years ago a 7.99 on stock suspension was unheard of! LSX engine family =
Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Worm Boy

DAMN RIGHT THAT'S WHAT IM SAYING!!!!

.... go back to the drawing board and make the car get down the track with the bigger turbo!! You took it off for a reason this weekend..
a) couldn't get the car to spool quickly to be competitive.
b) your suspension wasn't setup for the extra power and you either blew the tires off, or you toted the wheels harder then you wanted.
c) converter wasn't shimmed the way it should have been for the different turbo.
d) you lack boost control and didn't have the control you needed to keep the car calm
e) everything else to get down the track.

That's why we didn't put the 106 on for memphis... we went with a smaller turbo that we had been testing with so we knew the car worked... and you know what.... WE WON!!

sure we tested with the 106 the week before, but we didn't have enough time on the car to race with the 106, we would have lost in the first round.

This year that won't be the case, once the weather is nice up here, we'll be ready for testing with the 106. We'll get the car setup to run the 106 just like we did last year with the 101. Once that turbo is maxed out and we've squeezed everything out of the car.. maybe then we'll jump up to the 114. But im sure we won't need it this year or in toms car. That turbo might just have to wait for the C6.

do you really think it's a fluke that we went 186-188 with our little 101 compared to the 106 everyone else was running in memphis?? We got one hell of tuner, the best in the nation with turbo cars! With the added power of the 106 and the weight we took out of toms car, im just stating that toms car is going to haul ***, it's just a matter of getting the car to the track when the weather turns nice up here.

As far as the money comments... Your right, tom spent some cheese on his heads and intake, but no where near 15K... We were lucky enough to work with ET performance to help us out big time over the past few years. These cars are just expensive to run bottom line. Don't sit back and try to pretend that you have junk parts in your motor.... you have the same block we do, very simiiliar internals, and heads that aren't cheap either!! That car is not a "budget" build!

This year is going to be fun indeed. **** talking is stirring up nicely the last few weeks... i know im getting excited about meeting up with you guys sometime and breaking one off in your asses down the 1320!!! , just don't want to hear any excuses when it happens. If by somechance you beat us... like we said... were the first ones to buy beer and *******!! ALl i know is damn we going to have some fun!!

One more thing too... you've been quicker... not faster!! Only guys that are faster are the ohio boys!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
LMFAO!! I wrote this exact same thing on page 4 then went back and deleted it cause i didn't want to get to far in the middle of this...haha
Soooo ******* true !!

As stated by all your texas buddies to harlan...

"get off the computer and go finish your car!"

Then you can come out and play too.... Just hope it's going to go faster then 4.99 . Wormy needs some competition!!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do know that the track was not there for the radial cars this weekend at Hattiesburg. Madman can confirm this. I figure when Shane Stack is only going mid to high fives and struggling something is up. Going a 4.99 on radials at that track is pretty good really.

Last edited by PHIL H; 03-18-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Bleh suck my ***** Matt.

New signature!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I know we went 4.88 and 4.89 in Memphis and had to back WAY down to get down the track on a 4.96 pass in hattiesburg. The track was like stepping in hot gum in a parking lot. Rubber stuck to the bottom of your shoes.

That being said, step it up bitches
Old 03-18-2008, 09:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brady
I know we went 4.88 and 4.89 in Memphis and had to back WAY down to get down the track on a 4.96 pass in hattiesburg. The track was like stepping in hot gum in a parking lot. Rubber stuck to the bottom of your shoes.

What was the track temp? and outside temp?

Anybody running the new hoosier radials out there?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:49 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Brady
LOL... that will be my sig now.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

amazing thread....15 years from now i'll be in on this

Chad
Old 03-19-2008, 04:34 AM
11 Second Club

The best Thread ever this year will rock.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Track temp averaged 120 degrees. Which usually for us is fine. It was just one of those tracks. As for the Hoosier radials I can show you all kinds of broke **** from tire shake. We pulled them off and went back to the MTs.

You north boys better get back to shoveling snow so you can test!!!!!

225-343-9029
Old 03-19-2008, 05:25 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Talking

Originally Posted by MADMAN

You north boys better get back to shoveling snow so you can test!!!!!
I think I can put my snowblower away for the season now, I haven't needed it since we got eight inches of snow two weeks ago!!! Bob
Old 03-19-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

DAMN RIGHT THAT'S WHAT IM SAYING!!!!

.... go back to the drawing board and make the car get down the track with the bigger turbo!! You took it off for a reason this weekend..
a) couldn't get the car to spool quickly to be competitive.
b) your suspension wasn't setup for the extra power and you either blew the tires off, or you toted the wheels harder then you wanted.
c) converter wasn't shimmed the way it should have been for the different turbo.
d) you lack boost control and didn't have the control you needed to keep the car calm
e) everything else to get down the track.

That's why we didn't put the 106 on for memphis... we went with a smaller turbo that we had been testing with so we knew the car worked... and you know what.... WE WON!!

sure we tested with the 106 the week before, but we didn't have enough time on the car to race with the 106, we would have lost in the first round.

This year that won't be the case, once the weather is nice up here, we'll be ready for testing with the 106. We'll get the car setup to run the 106 just like we did last year with the 101. Once that turbo is maxed out and we've squeezed everything out of the car.. maybe then we'll jump up to the 114. But im sure we won't need it this year or in toms car. That turbo might just have to wait for the C6.

do you really think it's a fluke that we went 186-188 with our little 101 compared to the 106 everyone else was running in memphis?? We got one hell of tuner, the best in the nation with turbo cars! With the added power of the 106 and the weight we took out of toms car, im just stating that toms car is going to haul ***, it's just a matter of getting the car to the track when the weather turns nice up here.

As far as the money comments... Your right, tom spent some cheese on his heads and intake, but no where near 15K... We were lucky enough to work with ET performance to help us out big time over the past few years. These cars are just expensive to run bottom line. Don't sit back and try to pretend that you have junk parts in your motor.... you have the same block we do, very simiiliar internals, and heads that aren't cheap either!! That car is not a "budget" build!

This year is going to be fun indeed. **** talking is stirring up nicely the last few weeks... i know im getting excited about meeting up with you guys sometime and breaking one off in your asses down the 1320!!! , just don't want to hear any excuses when it happens. If by somechance you beat us... like we said... were the first ones to buy beer and *******!! ALl i know is damn we going to have some fun!!

One more thing too... you've been quicker... not faster!! Only guys that are faster are the ohio boys!!!

LoL, Damn that was alot to read Stenod. Look, like yall told Josh earlier, dont get your panties in a wade. This is all in good fun, and yes I know yalls car is going to haul *** this year, thats why I am giving yall so much ****. About the mph, you do know a Radial Tire is going to MPH better than a slick right? Just wait until you see what we mph with the radials on.

Harlan, 5.0's is all we got, dont worry about the 4.93 we have ran in the past, going a 4.99 on a shitty track like that was the fastest pass of the day for the stock suspension class.

Quick Reply: Late Model Racecraft @ Pinks