Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Installing Procharger NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing Procharger NEED HELP!!!

Hi.

I just bougth this kit from a member but it is used and dont have any instructions and we dont know how to atach the Crank Pulley and locate the unit.

The guy who is installing have installed many prochargers in truks and corvette, but never in an Fbody, so if anybody have a link, pic, manual, or semething that can help, I really apreciate.

Here is the ad with pics so you can se the pulley.

Originally Posted by 1-BAD-C5
here is the ad i put it in the fbody section on the forum and on ls1tech....

98-02Fbody LS1 ATI Procharger F1R Kit

This is the baddest supercharger out there. Capable of making over 1300hp! The F1R flows 2000cfm and capable of 38 psi of boost. This kit is complete including F1R headunit, UPGRADED 12 rib setup, 12 rib crank pulley, 2 brand new 12 rib belts, bracket, twin intercoolers, intake, piping, race style bypass valve, bolts, and couplers. This is an extremely low mileage unit with around 30 dyno pulls and less than 10 quarter mile passes, no street mileage. Setup is being parted out, will be sad to see it go!! I have around 8 grand into this supercharger setup, will let go for 5k OBO.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you need a ATI super damper...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you cant use a stock balencer with this kit, you need the ati super damper like stated above
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Yes, with the 8 rib you need the ATI superdamber (NOT procharger- accessible technologies inc), another ATI brand name. Just a coincidence... On a side note, let us know how that 12 rib pulley setup goes. I have never seen a 12 rib on an LS1 f-body. I was under the impression that an 8 rib was as wide as was possible. I would assume you have to move the radiator significantly for clearance with the 12 rib...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

here is the manual http://www.ls1.com/ed/procharger_owners_manual.pdf

from the pics, it looks like you need a few parts, like ati dampner as afastyzf said, some colder plugs, the cruise control/air relocation brackets, horn relocation bracket, and the air intake for the procharger(flex tube)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
I think you need a ATI super damper...
Originally Posted by lmt0705
you cant use a stock balencer with this kit, you need the ati super damper like stated above
Thanks, so where can I get that damper? Any sponsor here?

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
^^ Yes, with the 8 rib you need the ATI superdamber (NOT procharger- accessible technologies inc), another ATI brand name. Just a coincidence... On a side note, let us know how that 12 rib pulley setup goes. I have never seen a 12 rib on an LS1 f-body. I was under the impression that an 8 rib was as wide as was possible. I would assume you have to move the radiator significantly for clearance with the 12 rib...
Someone told the same in the ad, and the seller said that he had it in a TransAm w/o problems.

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
here is the manual http://www.ls1.com/ed/procharger_owners_manual.pdf

from the pics, it looks like you need a few parts, like ati dampner as afastyzf said, some colder plugs, the cruise control/air relocation brackets, horn relocation bracket, and the air intake for the procharger(flex tube)
Thanks alot, that is what we need. This kit will go in a race car, so no air, cruise, horn...
Old 03-13-2008, 04:33 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hz28
Thanks, so where can I get that damper? Any sponsor here?

Someone told the same in the ad, and the seller said that he had it in a TransAm w/o problems.

Thanks alot, that is what we need. This kit will go in a race car, so no air, cruise, horn...

I sell the balancer and the crank pinning kit, as well as any other piece parts that you may need. You can find everything at this link. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=193

That by pass valve is not going to be large enough, you are going to need the ProCharger race valve that I sell for $360.00 in the link above. If you are going to run more than 12 psi of boost, I'd either go with a front mount intercooler kit, also in the link above, or add a methanol kit to your engine. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 03-13-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I sell the balancer and the crank pinning kit, as well as any other piece parts that you may need. You can find everything at this link. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=193

That by pass valve is not going to be large enough, you are going to need the ProCharger race valve that I sell for $360.00 in the link above. If you are going to run more than 12 psi of boost, I'd either go with a front mount intercooler kit, also in the link above, or add a methanol kit to your engine. Bob
The seller said that we wont need anything else , now I have to spend 1k usd more. Ppl dont say the true just for make a sell

Thanks Bob, will call you soon.

Ok, so it will fit his car with anything else, right?.[/
Originally Posted by 2KC5Vette
Ah sorry about that been trying to do 50 things at once. It is a 15 lb pulley system. The 12 rib fit perfect, we used an aluminum radiator which is certainly no smaller than a stock rad. I also used an electric fan without a shroud. I never got a fan or shroud from procharger when I got this kit Everyone on this forum has been trying to buy the 12 rib setup seperatly from me but so far I have refused to part out!

Last edited by hz28; 03-13-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

The seller said that we wont need anything else , now I have to spend 1k usd more. Ppl dont say the true just for make a sell

Thanks Bob, will call you soon.
I hear ya amigo. Same situation when I bought my Vortech kit, all kinds of crap missing. Good luck with the install.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Bob, what is you opinion about 12 Rib in an FBody? What damper should i buy?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:16 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Bob, what is you opinion about 12 Rib in an FBody? What damper should i buy?

Thanks.

No one has done it that I am aware of, although that is what we want to do with my ow car very soon. We're going to convert mine from an eight rib to a twelve rib. The radiator will have to move forward.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12 Bob
Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

No one has done it that I am aware of, although that is what we want to do with my ow car very soon. We're going to convert mine from an eight rib to a twelve rib. The radiator will have to move forward.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12 Bob
This guy told me that will fit with out problems as you can see in the quote.

So, do I need to buy 8 rib pulleys, the balancer and a belt?

Can I go to de feedback forum if this guy lied to me?

Thanks again Bob.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

This guy told me that will fit with out problems as you can see in the quote.

So, do I need to buy 8 rib pulleys, the balancer and a belt?

Can I go to de feedback forum if this guy lied to me?

Thanks again Bob.
This whole deal seems a little strange. The first thing I would do is to call ProCharger at 913 338-2886 and give them the serial number from the head unit. Have them check to make sure the blower is designed to work on the LS1 F Body. Bob

Old 03-15-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

We are looking to trade the head unit for a D1SC, this kit is gona be to big for our palication.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...94#post8931494
Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

We are looking to trade the head unit for a D1SC, this kit is gona be to big for our palication.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...94#post8931494
How much boost are you looking to make? An F-1A will give you 18 to 20 psi at 500 to 1000 ft elevation on a 402 with good heads. An F-1A will fit right on without any problems that you may encounter with that F-1R. The F-1R is .75 dia larger and is longer. It also takes a lot more hp to turn it, and with the F Body set-up you'll more than likely encounter problems with belt slippage. Bob
Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

How much boost are you looking to make? An F-1A will give you 18 to 20 psi at 500 to 1000 ft elevation on a 402 with good heads. An F-1A will fit right on without any problems that you may encounter with that F-1R. The F-1R is .75 dia larger and is longer. It also takes a lot more hp to turn it, and with the F Body set-up you'll more than likely encounter problems with belt slippage. Bob
Sorry Bob, i was out town.

We would like arround 15 psi on a 383 at 8000 DAs.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Sorry Bob, i was out town.

We would like around 15 psi on a 383 at 8000 DAs.
Not a problem, you're most likely not going to get that kind of boost at your elevation with a D-1SC, I would go with an F-1A. Bob
Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Not a problem, you're most likely not going to get that kind of boost at your elevation with a D-1SC, I would go with an F-1A. Bob
What about if I keept the F1R and change for a bigger SC pulley and a complete 6 ribs pulleys, I mean, buy all the basic pulleys with a F1R.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Exclamation

What about if I keept the F1R and change for a bigger SC pulley and a complete 6 ribs pulleys, I mean, buy all the basic pulleys with a F1R.
If you tried to run that F-1R with a six rib belt, I would probably see the belt slippage smoke up here in Indiana! You might be able to make the F-1R with additional bracing on the ProCharger bracket assembly to keep it from flexing, and use the eight rib assembly. A lot of people have had good results with the SDCE upgrade, that might work for you.

Did you verify that the head unit is designed to work on the f body from the chart I posted above? Bob
Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

If you tried to run that F-1R with a six rib belt, I would probably see the belt slippage smoke up here in Indiana! You might be able to make the F-1R with additional bracing on the ProCharger bracket assembly to keep it from flexing, and use the eight rib assembly. A lot of people have had good results with the SDCE upgrade, that might work for you.

Did you verify that the head unit is designed to work on the f body from the chart I posted above? Bob
It seems to be for a Fbody.

Can you please pm me an invoice for that we need to run the F1R?

Thanks a lot Bob, you have been very helpful.

Quick Reply: Installing Procharger NEED HELP!!!