Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wiring pusher fan for turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 07:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Nothing. He didn't say it's doing anything extra. Only that the Holley doesn't turn the fan off over a certain speed, only by coolant temp.
It sounded like it was doing something different and thats why you didn't need a lower air dam. For any Fbody thats going to be street driven, the air dam is really important. Running fans at highway speeds is just going to wear them out faster. That's all.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
It sounded like it was doing something different and thats why you didn't need a lower air dam. For any Fbody thats going to be street driven, the air dam is really important. Running fans at highway speeds is just going to wear them out faster. That's all.
Certainly could. But my daily only see’s 5-7k miles a year (tops) and so this car might be lucky to see 1000. Either case I wouldn’t be too concerned. Never had a fan motor fail on anything yet and I don’t think it’s real common?

The wife’s Denali is the only vehicle I really find critical to keep reliable . She just broke a 100k so I really need to do a vvt delete soon 😒

Old 06-11-2020, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Stock fans are super reliable, anything aftermarket is a crap shoot but those Derales do seem reliable.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts

new fan harness to properly run after market pushers

doing some positioning. wired the trigger wires to fan one and two wires in the stock fuse block, and then wired grounds and power supplies. had to test which way the fans were pushing though lol not trying to go in there again until i get a s488 in there LOL

all buttoned up. did a test run. one fan truned on once it got up to temp

cleaned up some wires qhile i was in there.

temp stayed at what im assuming 190ish with the one fan on. id have to check out in the tube where the fan actually came on and what the temps were actually at. but so far so good with cheap fans lol i got stock ones on standby if i expereince overheating, but one fan is doing the job at idle for now and it was 84 out.

Quick Reply: Wiring pusher fan for turbo setup