Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear mount turbo ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear mount turbo ???

Ive been looking around doing research on turbos and i like the sts rear but my question was if anyone has it done, what about water levels??? like i live in a small town in texas water drain is not the best around here. would the turbo kit sit low enough to suck water? thanks for your help
Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't drive mine through standing water more than an inch deep. Of course I generally don't have rain here...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i drove my car for 2 years in florida and i had no issues with water, the air filter sits up high enough about 10 inches and the shield keeps water spray from the tire getting to the filter. just drive normally in the rain and no issues.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

I don't drive it during hurricanes and floods. All the other everyday driving has been fine...even at 80mph in the rain.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FromTheFireIRise
Ive been looking around doing research on turbos and i like the sts rear but my question was if anyone has it done, what about water levels??? like i live in a small town in texas water drain is not the best around here. would the turbo kit sit low enough to suck water? thanks for your help
You'd have to drive through water at least 6" deep. I drove mine in Hawaii for a year (rained darn near every day) and never had probs. Had to clean the filter fairly often, but that was it. Drove in snow once (not by choice ) and had no issues w/ that either.

Quick Reply: Rear mount turbo ???