Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BOOST GAUGE DOES NOT WORK...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003 | 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default BOOST GAUGE DOES NOT WORK...HELP

What am i doing wrong. I bought it through Summit racing. It is the digital norkia type. This thing will not read anything. I even tried pushing on it and it dont move. Do they need to be grounded to them selvs. Am i making any sense. ????? Cause if i touch the end of it to ground. it will show 16 pounds of boos for a second then go to zero. Please help....
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: BOOST GAUGE DOES NOT WORK...HELP

Have you used a multimeter to test and make sure that your wires have proper cntact to a ground and power source? It's conceivable that you have a bad unit, but I' double check that your wires are going to the aporpriate places. then call the manufactorer to verify their product is installed correctly.

Mike
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes its got power. the display comes on but just says 0. ON the instructions it says that the sending unit must be grounded. So i ground it out and it says 0 still. So now the only real question is do you think the sending unit has to be grounded to the same ground as the guage. This can not be a bad part. I already had 3 bad parts from this winters project....Gtp heads, opti spark ,and fpr. I hope this is not my fourth.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will have to run the ground directly to the block or it will not work. Even then mine died after a month or so. They are junk unfortunetly.

Gary

Old 07-29-2003 | 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you have your gauge and sending unit grounded to the same spot on the block. I have mine grouned to the alt bracket.
Old 07-29-2003 | 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have mine grounded to the main engine ground, which is behind the Air conditioner area on the block. It goes directly from the battery. The instructions do not say do this, but there website says this is the only way they will work. My fuel pressure gauge still works. There is power to gauge and it lights up just no boost signal. No voltage out of the gauge, which is what feeds boost sensor (0-16 psig). The boost sensor does not have a ground. My fuel pressure sensor has its own ground (0-100 psgi) and it is also wired to the block.

Gary

Quick Reply: BOOST GAUGE DOES NOT WORK...HELP